Do you realy like what you do?

Sponsored Links
:LOL: yeah that would have prevented it. Honestly? I shoud not have soldered this particular fitting in situ...very hard to get to - thats why I couldn't see it wasn't a goodun (I was using map and it seems I overheated it so the solder ran back out :oops: )

In fixing it I went about the way I should have in the first time - put the tricky to get to bits together on a heatshield on the floor and then soldered the lot into place at the easiest/most accesable joints.
I knew to do this at the time but I was trying to save time :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
A poor piece of work resulting in a leak and a callback.

This is an excellent example of the short-sightedness of those people who insist on using copper and soldered fittings no matter how difficult or error prone the circumstances.

:rolleyes:

This is an excellent example of the short-sightedness of those people who insist on using copper and soldered fittings no matter how difficult or error prone the circumstances.

Is this another one of your baits to provoke the decent and honest of the plumbing fraternity who choose to use the time honoured methods of installing and jointing pipes??

A poor piece of work resulting in a leak and a callback.
True but its not characteristic of me, honest :oops: I can count the callbacks ive had in 20 years on one hand THATS why i'm going on about it :cry:

You insult me based on wrong conclusions. I don't spec the job, or buy the materials, I'm given drawings and a storesman brings the stuff to where I'm working. I don't always get to go about things the way you would like to - employing best practise....sometimes there are incomplete works you pickup from pipefitters or a heating engineer who done stuff that you have to half undo to make completion possible.

All that aside, I see little need for plastic pipe or fittings in the work I do..I quite like it for lofts for the safety aspect but never had any serious problems, never caused any damage or ****ed off a customer using copper. The minor extent and unlucky nature of the leak was evident to customer and he wasn't at all complaining or critical.

Durgo...The only man in the world with 375 fingers on one hand. :evil:

Terrywookfit said:
Is this another one of your baits to provoke the decent and honest of the plumbing fraternity who choose to use the time honoured methods of installing and jointing pipes??
Firstly, I have no need to bait anybody on the subject of which pipe and fitting materials to use.

And as far as time-honoured methods go, Durgo didn't do that, or there wouldn't have been a leak. I respect the fact that he's been honest enough to admit his error.

Its fairly easy to admit insignificant minutae that happen once every 7 years and resulty in nothing of any consequence ;)

That bastard joint passed testing to 2.5 bar and started leaking through a pinhole a month later at 1 bar - give me a break :p

That b*****d joint passed testing to 2.5 bar and started leaking through a pinhole a month later at 1 bar - give me a beak :p
Why? Do you wish to be called Donald from now on?

Sponsored Links
Back