Do you think this looks wrong?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
American fridge freezer doesn’t sit flush with new units as expected. But is this protruding too much. Kitchen designer was told make and model . Looks like countertop stopping moving it back. Is now sticking out by 12cm. Or do you think it looks ok?

B4BE7939-472B-42A3-B81A-DBE38B880F20.jpeg 0247B0A2-081E-4D36-8AA7-99042069F4A8.jpeg FF5C937D-E027-4AF5-A6FE-E67657EE9338.jpeg

Sponsored Links
In direct answer to your question. I would say this does not look ok. Not trying to state obvious but presume nothing in the way back there stopping it from bumping back the extra few cms? Like any plumbing pipes etc that could be rerouted. Seems strange that a fridge freezer would be designed to sit so far out past normal Uk worktop/unit depth of 600-660mm. Is that fridge really 700mm ish deep?

I don’t think it was designed that way, but worktop on counter won’t allow door to open fully….so that’s why we pulled it out a bit more

Sponsored Links
In direct answer to your question. I would say this does not look ok. Not trying to state obvious but presume nothing in the way back there stopping it from bumping back the extra few cms? Like any plumbing pipes etc that could be rerouted. Seems strange that a fridge freezer would be designed to sit so far out past normal Uk worktop/unit depth of 600-660mm. Is that fridge really 700mm ish deep?

yes it’s over 700 mm deep maybe 750ish

Ah sorry I missed that nugget. I see the problem - that’s frustrating. I have thought about this and looked at your pic and googled the design specs and even found a pic on Samsungs website of your fridge sticking out from a set of units like this and it’s looks ok. Seems you could just do with just getting it just 2-3cms back. The doors are ok to protrude a little past front of units on left hand side on the right more of the side of the fridge will be visible because of the kitchen design how it sets back on the right. I see 4 options none of which will be revelations to you.
1. live with it.
2. Buy a new fridge.
3. Grind and polish off a triangular corner of the worktop behind the door to buy just a little bit more room for door to swing open.
4. In combo with putting 1cm feet under fridge, raise height of top door with adjuster dial just enough for it to open above worktop level. Make height adjustments symmetrical on opposite doors to match.

That’s all I have!

t

Attachments

• 3BDFB398-E893-4798-B3F7-E47DE0B7FFD3.png
    3BDFB398-E893-4798-B3F7-E47DE0B7FFD3.png
    555.8 KB · Views: 51
Ah sorry I missed that nugget. I see the problem - that’s frustrating. I have thought about this and looked at your pic and googled the design specs and even found a pic on Samsungs website of your fridge sticking out from a set of units like this and it’s looks ok. Seems you could just do with just getting it just 2-3cms back. The doors are ok to protrude a little past front of units on left hand side on the right more of the side of the fridge will be visible because of the kitchen design how it sets back on the right. I see 4 options none of which will be revelations to you.
1. live with it.
2. Buy a new fridge.
3. Grind and polish off a triangular corner of the worktop behind the door to buy just a little bit more room for door to swing open.
4. In combo with putting 1cm feet under fridge, raise height of top door with adjuster dial just enough for it to open above worktop level. Make height adjustments symmetrical on opposite doors to match.

That’s all I have!

t
Thanks v much, where would I get 1cm feet for under fridge? Forgive my ignorance in these things!

1. live with it.
2. Buy a new fridge.

That’s all I have!

t

the work top is 30mm thick, have I got enough room by adding those feet and adjusting doors I wonder to get past it…

kit hen man coming tomorrow (wed) so wondered if could be done…or anything else. There is a gap above cornice on units….?

There is no official fridge feet - just a small square of 12mm mdf under each foot or something.

Only way to find out about adjustment options is trial and error.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back