Dodgy 1930s Bay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Virgin post here, so bear with me. I am in a 1930's place that is like a throw back to the 1970s, slowly being fixed up as we speak.

Looking at the bay, two issues:

1. Bricks leaning out, see pic
2. Render Cracking off

How do I fix the bricks?

Ref the render, I want to restore that band at top and bottom, then tyrolean in between as it is now. How to create the band?

IMG_3274.JPG

Sponsored Links
your photo dont show the full height of the bay an you cut off the corner so its difficult to see if or how far the soldier bricks are leaning?
the Tyrolean an the render bands are failing .
render should be cut back from surface contact at the base by about 50mm - your bottom render band seems to go down behnd the brick semi-circle.

hack all the render/tyrolean back to ... what, dont know what the background is, brick, stud framing etc.
the soldier bricks would have to be taken out an reset in sections but it might prove a difficult bit of work?
originaly you had a timber bay window an how its been replaced with the Pvc frame might have caused the soldier bricks to lean.

definitly a job that needs experienced eyes on site.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back