Dodgy Boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 28CDI boiler, no water tank, fitted about 8 years ago and have it serviced usually once a year. Lately after running water for a bath etc., after turning the tap off, the boiler gives an almighty sort of surge as though it is breathing in and then shudders badly on the wall. The black pressure needle (?) is between 0 and 1, the red just over one. If I remember to run the water very slowly before shutting it off, it doesn't seem to happen. Should I be worried? Another bill? This site is brilliant for all my DIY efforts, thank you for any help.

Sponsored Links
have you got a water meter. The non return valve fitted at mtr can cause probs as you are getting. If this is the case you can fit a mini expansion vessel on the cold water to the boiler!

Sponsored Links
If this problem happens only when you turn off the tap quickly then you want to fit a shock arrestor to the cold inlet pipe at your boiler. Take a look here:
http://www.bes.co.uk/ and search for part number 11355.

Hope that helps.

I am wondering if the DHW flow switch is not turning off promptly.

Tony

Thank you for all your replies. I think I will have to get the plumber in and have an early service done on it this year. I have had so many problems with this boiler, the gas valve was faulty just after the 12 months guarantee ended, and other bits have since gone wrong, I am lucky if it gets through each winter without anything going wrong. I don't think I know enough to fit any parts myself. Many thanks to all who answered.

What's in a name? Whatever the dubris is called that reacts to dhw demand.
SD probably call it reversalvalvebalancepinactivatorcontactsensor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back