Dodgy electrical installation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Forgot I had these pics and thought you may like to take a peek at them.

They show the electrics where I used to work, I tried to get the company to call in a contractor many times to inspect the installation but they just didn’t want to know as it would cost money, I even reported the situation to the council but again nothing ever got done. The company rented the upper two floors and the ground floor was shop units, the supply pictured is a 3-phase 80amp and feeds 5 meters, two 3-phase and 3 single phase. Their meter is the little single phase one above the service head and all the old outdated switchgear is theirs too, yep you heard right, 80amp single phase feeding two floors that between them at one time had over 100 pc's with CRT monitors on it and of course you had kettles, microwaves etc. One of the 3-phase meters belongs to the landlord and it ran communal lighting and the lift, the other meters belong to the shop units. Also pictured is the consumer units on the 1st floor, the ones upstairs were two Wylex NS units each fed by a 60amp switch fuse.

Fortunately I don’t work there any more and now work for a company that has proper contractors to carry out electrical work and has procedures for the testing of appliances and fixed wiring.

I'd be interested to know what you think so take a look and let me know.

All the best
Dan

Meters1.jpg

Meters2.jpg

Meters3.jpg

Meters4.jpg

FirstFloorDBP1.jpg

FirstFloorDBP2.jpg

FirstFloorDBP3.jpg

Sponsored Links
sounds a bit like it was overloaded then! :LOL: :LOL:

to be honest its not the worst ive seen, bit messy but the condition of some of the switch units and stuf isnt shocking, well put it this way-there is a lot lot worse out there!

Very true, IS. At least the phases are marked on the tails. But this does look familiar - did a PIR on something horribly like this recently.
Dannyboi, you dont work in an estate agents in Slough, do you?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back