Dodgy Kitchen floor quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Just had a quote to lay Vinyl Flooring in Kitchen.. The guy told us the area is 5metres square and we opted for quite an expensive brand unfortunately I can't remember the name I think it was Corolla)... Anyway, he quoted £175 for tiles and to lay and also to add grouting strips.. We were quite happy for this and then he said I'll just work it out again and came up with £240 he then said he would double check and came back with £340.. He worked it out a final time and said it would be £340..

Obviously alarm bells are ringing..

What should I be paying for floor to be laid of that size...

PS I'm in Bristol if anyone can recommend anyone

Cheers

Barney

Sponsored Links
I presume this is LVT (luxury vinyl tiles) ???? - rather than sheet vinyl

If so costs will include the....

tiles
grout strips
adhesive
labour
floor preparation - ply on wooden sub floor, screed on concrete

You say the area is 5 sq metres

But don't forget minimum labour charges, etc

more info would be helpful

Edit - if LVT the bloke seems a bit unsure of his product I hope his fitters are more sure!!!!!!!!! - please check!!!!!!!!!

They are luxury Vinyl Tiles.... and yes he did mention he would have to flatten the floor first.. But that's all the info I know... I really wanted to know if it sounds like he's ripping me off or not...

I also realise I've posted this in the wrong category, I didn't see the "except tiles" bit.. How do I move it to the right category

Sponsored Links
LVT is considered "flooring" - you are in the right section

.....ask your supplier to explain his quote in more detail then come back and post the results

It's hard to say based on the limited info, but that sounds too cheap to me especially if it includes all the product and levelling materials.

Most LVTs come in boxes of 3.34m2 so you be charged for 2 boxes.
£340 for 2 boxes inc prep sounds about right to me.

The quote includes:

preparing floor with 6mm hardwood ply and a feather edge finish and supply and install Karndean tiles in check pattern with grout strip...

The quote includes:

preparing floor with 6mm hardwood ply and a feather edge finish and supply and install Karndean tiles in check pattern with grout strip...

so that works out at £68 per sq metre - All in (materials and labour)

sounds reasonable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back