Dodgy lead Flashing nailed on under bell mouth render drip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with advise please...I am in a Party Wall Award situation next door's builder is a bodger made a mess of my roof flashing, think they are practising first attempt looks like about five or six inches of lead laying over tiles overtiles while about an inch and a half upstand beleive this was nailed on to next door's new extension at abutment of new extension wall.it was the covered with a bit of render or concrete. Don't know anything about roofing, this is what it looked like Then they come and cover that with bell mouth render drip and what looks living coving strip to take rainwater away attached to it, don't know is proper name thats what it looks like. Now surveyor saying lead flashing will be redone all bell mouth drip render stuff taken of the lead altered to a 1oomm upstand at wall chased into a groove 25mm then coverved up again with bell mouth render drip an metal strip looks like( coving shaped strip). My concern is that they will just cut of the extra bit of lead over tiles to make it look as tough they have moved it over and that will be that. As this bell mouth render drip thing covers everything up anyway no way of know if its been chased into wall. Very worried as I beleive this could lead to trouble with leaks and dap behinfd all this stuff down under my roof tiles and into wall next door and further down to my wall. I just do not trust surveyors and builder Can anyone give me advice should I refuse this and ask for lead flashing to be chased into the wall withput the bell mouth render drip thing.Appreciate any help with this really worried already got two leaks from the botched guttering work they did,surveyor unhelpful I am being stitch up I feel.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for advice, I thought about it but can't figure out yet how to do this....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back