Removing lead flashing from rendered wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have taken down a knackered conservatory attached to my house. I am left with two pieces of lead flashing where the conservatory roof met the wall. I can see that the flashing is chased into the render, but I don't know how deeply (we never had any problem with water getting in).

What's the best way of removing that render? Anything I need to watch out for?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You could chip away at it with a wide chisel until you find the top of the lead.

Worst thing would be to tug it and loose a load of render above it.

Thanks 1990, v helpful.

Catlad, do you mean just cutting the lead off at the edge of the wall and rendering over what's left, or do you mean using the Stanley knife to get in deep to the recess? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
A sharp blade will cut lead with 4or5 passes in the same place, can you not use the render bead as a guide for the knife.

Thanks Leadworks, that's really helpful. I'm planning to take the lead out on Sat- it may be too cold to do the rendering, but that's another story.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back