dodgy loft ladder?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my plumber recently went up into my loft using my loft ladder - the ladder twisted quite a bit as he climbed into the loft and didn't look at all stable when he came back down again, I was extremely worried that it was going to break when he was on it.

He's not a particularly heavy person, I'm wondering whether I should replace the ladder and if so, is there anything I should look out for.

I think this one came from Wickes so I wouldn't be surprised if it was broken

Sponsored Links
Their are some rubbish loft ladders out there, its worth spending the extra and getting a good one, B&Q do one which is fine, its about £70 so it doesn't break the bank. I fitted one for someone recently and they are very happy with it. They picked the ladder and I fitted it. I fitted another that someone had picked and it was rubbish, cost about £30 I think, don't bother with them ones.

The one you have sounds rubbish, I'd get a new one if I was you before someone hurts them selves.

I bought one from B&Q for 30 odd quid and its crap. Its like the one you have it twists and to be honest I nearly took it back to B&Q as it must contravine Health ans Saftey.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back