Dodgy VRT 360f ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just tried to install a vrt 360f RF thermostat to my Vaillant 831 combi and it doesn't work.
Connected the receiver up to the eBus (2 wires), removed the old thermostat and placed a jumper between terminals 3 and 4 as advised in the manual.
The receiver has 2 status LED's. The green is on = ok. The red is also on = NOK (means there is a RF type error)
The Transmitter LCD also reads 'RF error'

I'm a bit stumped and think I've followed the instalation instructions correctly. Does this mean the unit is likely to be faulty? Are there any other checks/diagnosis I can do?

Thanks...

Sponsored Links
What distance/floors are between the 360f and the boiler? Are there any thick brick, block or concrete walls/floors between them. Is the receiver shielded by adjacent metal including pipework and the boiler casing itself?

Take the 360f to the receiver and see if it works OK there.

Try a different battery in the 360f.

Try turning the boiler off, then back on.

This can get the receiver back on track.

Andy.

hi there,

I have had this installed recently but its displaying "Com ERR".

I have tried putting the thermostat bit next to the receiver and it still displays the error. i have checked the installtion site and it looks right.

Sometimes when switching the boiler off and then on again it will work ok for a while and then go back to showing the error with the red led

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

T

Sponsored Links
Press and hold both P and the dial on the thermostat together for 3 seconds to enter the engineer mode. This alone should reconnect your thermostat with the receiver attached to the boiler. Then press P again to exit and you should be back in business with no RF Err message.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back