Does a re-circulating kitchen extractor need a pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a re-circulating kitchen extractor (it does not vent outside), but the instructions show how to connect a pipe up the metal extractor chimney.

The pipe looks flexible like what you would use to vent a tumble dryer outside.

Because I'm only recirculating the air and not venting outside, do i need to use one still?

I'm only asking because there is not one included in the box, but the instructions show how to connect one. I'm assuming it's only needed if venting outside?

What do you think?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
It would only be needed for an outside vent, but were I you - I would give serious consideration to allowing it to vent outside. The recirculation type keeps all the moisture, smells and most of the grease in the room - so rather pointless..

Hi

re-circulating kitchen extractor chimney hoods usually have a pipe fitting that goes up and branches out to vents at the each side of the cooker hood chimney. Where possible you should always vent to the outside as otherwise the hood is just for show. It removes some grease and a bit of odour if using charcoal filters but all the moisture from boiling and steaming stays in the kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back