Does anyone have a link for a flexi rotary shaft that fits the Ryobi R18RT?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The drive shaft has gone on mine, but motor is great.

Does anyone have a link to a flexi shaft that would fit please?

Got one from Amazon, and it's too small

Thanks

EDIT - 'too small' as in diameter at screw in connection

Sponsored Links
Bear in mind that company holds no stock, they're merely brokers, so probably best to check on anticipated availability/delivery before ordering from them.

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much for reply - and apologies as I realise I missed a chunk out on my initial post...
I was looking for a cheap (not Ryobi) brand.
I found that price on Ryobi and just couldn't bring myself to pay that when a new machine (albeit in the sale) is not a huge amount more.
So, my first post should have said 'a cheap one' 'not Ryobi'

I thought I had one from Amazon but screw connection end was too small, and now I am unsure of dimensions as theirs imperial and metric and I cant exactly work out what mine is, as the measurement seems to be 16.75mm, but when I asked the seller of the cheap amazon one, they said 'fits a Ryobi'.

Thanks for help anyway, I think I'll just keep trying and return if no good

Have you tried ringing them some company's are better than others, might send you a new one as a good will gesture.
Good idea, thanks -I mailed Ryobi when it went and they said when it's out of the 1 year warranty, they really can't help. I didn't beg or plead , but I didn't get the vibes that they would help any further.

That's why ringing people up rather than impersonal emails sometimes plays dividends, I don't fancy your chances but nothing ventured and all that .....

Possibly a proprietary part - in which case you are jiggered if you want a replacement. The only alternatives I can think to look at are AEG and Milwaukee, who are part of the same group (TTI) to see if they do something similar. However, given the extremely poor service I've had from the biggest spares outlet in the UK for Milwaukee, I wouldn't hold my breath. Makita, deWalt and Bosch are all streets ahead of the TTI brands in terms of parts availability, service, helpfulness and price in my experience

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back