DOES ANYONE KNOW A SAFE DRIVER DOWNLOAD SITE FOR WINDOWS 7.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I am back.
Now I did get the Vivitar camera to work ok as in my previous post. But I would really like to get my Canon camera up and running but am failing for the camera to be detected when I try all the avenues I tried for the Vivitar camera. So, I think I will now need a SAFE driver download site. I cannot download from Canon as they have not 'made a driver yet for this camera which is compatible for WINDOWS 7.
I have searched Google and there are loads of sites but I would feel safer if someone recommended one.
Again your help will be appreciated.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
I am not sure if you fully understand what a driver is.

It is a program that allows hardware and an operating system to comunicate and work together.

As Canon say they have not written a driver program for your particular camera to comunicate with Windows 7, then there is probably no driver. It is usually the manufactureres of hardware that write driver programs in conjunction with the OS writers, in this case Windows 7, and, unfortunately they ain't done it.
It could be because of the age of your camera, I am not saying it is Antiques Road Show material but the expected life, before obsolesence, of digital cameras in now measured in months rather than years and decades.
If there has been several newer cameras since yours was manufactured (not since you bought it) then Canon are not going to waste time and money getting programmers to write drivers for it.

Just to help out trying to find something, did Canon have a Vista driver for your camera on their support download site? If so try that because a lot of Win 7 drivers are derived from Vista ones.

If not then have a look at the driver sites that show in Google but DO NOT let the sites run a driver scan. And if you find something, set a system restore point before clicking on anything.

If you post back give us the model name and number of your camera.

I hope we can help but if your camera is about four years old and was not a very dear one, then I don't hold out much hope.
Sorry.
dave

Just wondering, why do you want to connect the camera?

Can you not just take the card out and use a card reader? Its faster than reading the pictures directly from the camera to pc.

Most (but not all) of the driver download sites are iffy at best!!!

Sponsored Links
And that is why I love this site.
Thanks to oops and dave.m
I was unsure of doing this download driver from site for Vista thing as I have read so many bad as well as good points and being a BRAND NEW pc I was cautious.
Last week when told to put the camera card into a SLOT, when I removed the card I could see all the USB ports and another slot and thought there is no way that will fit into that slot, and the camera is by todays standards an antique. But after 'oops' mentioned it again I thought hmmm.
So looked closely this time at the front of the PC and underneath the smaller slot is a larger one. I removed my card, placed it in the slot, opened up my Canon software, and, hey presto, it detected the card and photos are now on my PC screen. So I am now able to operate as normal.
Probably my fault for being too hasty, and thinking it was meant to be a lot more difficult , but there it was staring me in the face.
Thanks to you all.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back