Does anyone know anything about vertical radiators?

Did you find a solution to this?? I have just fitted the Quadro vertical radiator from B&Q and have got very similar symptons.

Im not sure if my system is a 'one pipe' but the radiators do seem to heat up in a sequence.

I installed the radiator in replacement of a regular horizontal one, and have a combi boiler.
Once the heating is turned on all the radiators in the flat are red hot within 10 mins.
The pipes in and out of the new vertical radiator took a long time to heat up but eventually were red hot. But the radiator itself remained stone cold on the whole with only a couple of very luke warm patches.

The radiator was installed and the inlet to the boiler was opened whilst the rad was bled. Pressure now showing on the boiler is 1.8 bar which according to the manual is within good limit.

It leaves me wondering the same questions as to wether the radiator is fitted upside down (even though it has brackets to hang it up either way) I opened the bleed valve which I fitted up at the top end and cold water gushed out.

Anyone help PLEASE!!!! :)

Sponsored Links
make sure both valve are open on vert. rad. then shut all the other rads down on the hand valve ( wheelhead/thermo valve.). leaving only that rad for water to go through. See what happens then :idea:

Thanks very much! It was that simple thank god. The thermo valve was open but the small valve on the other side wasn't as open as it should be.

Its all working and im very proud of my first efforts to fit a radiator now :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back