Does anyone know how to stop cats peeing in the corner

I'm led to believe that cats do not generally mess in their own teriitory, i guess thats why our garden has turned into the local cats loo. The only real solution that we have come up with is to own a cat, but we don't want a house cat. We want a semi wild cat that will live in the conservatory and not be botherd about being petted. It will be fed an looked after otherwise and hopefully will keep the other cats out of our garden and also as an added bonus, mess up the neighbours flower beds and veggie patch. Any ideas for an ideal candidate?

Sponsored Links
Ask at the local RSPA or Cat Santuary, they always have a number of ferrel cats wanting homes. They are the type that look like all cats but prefer their own company to that of humans - apart from the shelter and food. They are seen on farms - living in barns- to get rid of rats/mice. I suppose you could think of them as working cats! :evil: :evil:

Most cats are semi-ferral anyway, which is why you can't put them on a lead and take them for walks!

My parents got their two cats from the Cats Protection League. They were born ferral, taken in as kittens, but they were past that vital age for human contact. Thus, the tom has never become a full-on pet. He only comes in for food and shelter, doesn't like human contact too often (although he can be a right old sop at times). Despite being neutered he does exhibit strange behaviour (he often mounts queens!!!). He is quite aggressive but doesn't spray (bonus). :LOL:

As you are hoping, he does scare other cats and even foxes away and they won't come in the garden (more than once, anyway!). Mice were a problem before he came, but they were all gone within weeks and never came back.

Sponsored Links
Like a friend of mine once said, you may as well just empty a tin of Ped Chum on the pavement and cut out the middle man (dog?).

I've heard that Lion excrement from the Zoo deters cats!

But thats more for the garden than the house...

I think i'd rather prefer the smell of cat's urine... :LOL:

hammy said:

You're right there. Somehow they smell it to be a bigger cat. Dunno how, but they do.

I had forgotten that one, thanks for the reminder hammy!

Don't bother directing all your wrath towards me - I've read it anyway, but I have a cat - a left-over from my now-deceased ex. He pees & cr@ps occasionally - is 13 but not incontinent - just i think lazy - has had knackers removed from an early age.

The vet has recommended a plug in atomiser that releases catty feelgood pheromones which seems to work - up to a point.

In the meantime, I use bio washing powder to clean up messes, followed by a scrub with surgical spirit - not sure why but think it breaks down any amino acids, leaving a minimum trace of scent.

BTW as far as the cleaning up after your cat cr@ps in someone elses garden - I will willingly clean up my cats mess if there is photographic proof he did it! Otherwise, it could be anybodys! They are essentially semi-wild and cannot be contained like dogs so stopping them from wandering for a cr@p is impossible.

securespark said:
.....The vet has recommended a plug in atomiser that releases catty feelgood pheromones which seems to work - up to a point.

Shove / plug that into an orifice ... takes out 50% of the problem !! ;)
--------------------
Oi ! You 'no corners' posters ... already suggested windmill !!

P

Should be interesting to see it's expression when switched on .

hmmm ? Which way shall you insert :idea: Such that the operating button / lever is outside :!:
Dr Feelgood belch :?:

5 mins in spin-dryer should disable any corner finding abilities !!

P

if you glue the cats head to the kitchen wall about waste height you could use it's a** end as a tea towel holder :evil: :evil: :cool:

hammy said:
I don't fancy rubbing the lions nose in it afterwards :eek:

That'll make eating a bit of a lottery........Daddy? Why does my cup smell of cat po o?

Meanwhile, the cat is thinking "Why does my bu mhole smell of teatowel?"

Sponsored Links
Back