Does anyone know what this is called for a shower head?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I thought changing the shower hose on my electric shower would be a 3 min task - wrong!

My shower head has some sort of extension/attachement elbow (as best I can describe it) with a hook that allows it to sit on the riser rail and the hose screws into this attachment - water passing through this eblow attachment. See the picture I've uploaded :

//www.diynot.com/network/cardob00/albums/

I cannot for the life of me unscrew the hose from this attachment to replace ther new hose. Tried with wrenches etc and it wont budge - guess 20 years of limescale etc have wedged it permanently.

....So thought I could simply buy a new one but cannot find what it's called or any pictures like it on google. The riser rail I guess came with this attachment but this is probably 20 years old.

Any help on what this elbow attachment is called and where I can buy one?

I dont want to buy a whole new riser rail etc - ..one for, I can't easliy get that off the wall too![/img]

Sponsored Links
Soak overnight in vinegar or a proprietary de-scaling fluid like Ataka or Killrock. Put elbow bit in vice or some other means of holding steady, grips / stillsons on round part with remnants of hose, unscrew.

If still stuck, try heating round part (gently, as it will have a rubber washer inside) - try boiling water.

Thanks, have just stuck it in warm water and vinegar now and let's see. I tried heating it up over a gas flame but that didn't work yesterday. Will try this after the vinegar! .....don't have a vice :( so will have to user 2 wrenches.

..even thought about trying to hack saw it off but...that would be to tricky I think as its quite thick.

Someone must know if the "elbow" attachment still exists or can be bought..perhaps not if its very old riser rail.

So no luck with the vinegar or heating it up, still wont budge. Only hope is finding the Replacement part if someone knows what its called. otherwise its going to have to be getting One of the shower head suction holders which seem to be cheap enough and just forget about the riser rail completely.

Sponsored Links
Cut that up the middle carefully with a junior hacksaw, that'll get it off.

The only people I can think of that might do something like that are a distributor called Smiths Britten Ltd. 0845 6344321

Stivino, Yes was thinking to hack saw that off but it's actually quite thick....not like cheap plastic or thin metals ones you get now.

Texash, I've seen those too but few were for 25mm rails...I measured my existing one and seems to be 15mm...and...I assume you need to be able to get the top or bottom of the riser rail off to slip this new one on?...those screws heads are gone so short of drilling into them again might be tricky...grr

Charnwood, thanks might give them a go.

...at the moment I have a slightly worse issue of sparks flying from within the shower unit....I've posted that one just an hour ago...yikes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back