Does anyone know where I can get these fuses ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to get hold of some of these fuses (see pic)...they are installed into four way 3 pin plug gangs in our computer room at work....each socket in the gang has one of these fuses. The fuse has the following markings T3,15H250V. The fuse is 5mm x 20mm in size (this is marked on the holder). I assume 250V is 250 volts, does anyone know what T3 and 15H refer to please ?

Also if someone can point me to a website where I can order some of these that would be great.

Cheers
George View media item 4320

Sponsored Links
It looks more like a resistor! :eek:

Any reason why they didnt use 13 amp plug fuses??

It's a 3.15A slow blow fuse, but it seems odd that it would be used for protection on a 13A socket.

Yes they are 3.15Amp 20mm quick blow fuses, often found in desk extension leads, or electronic equipment, easy to obtain from Maplins or a Tv repair shop if any still exist . NB some have a glass body

Sponsored Links
T = Time delay
3.15 = Rating
H = High breaking capacity

CPC linky

Are you premitted to carry out repair work on electrical equipment by your employer?

The chart doesn't mention HBC, I'd be more interested on what is written on the endcap to be honest.

I agree, just trying to find out what the colours meant.

:D

Many thanks for all the responses.

Just to answer some questions....

Any reason why they didnt use 13 amp plug fuses??

No idea, these 4 way gangs were provided with the computer room server racking/shelving we purchased. On half of the gang (19" width the same as rack mount computer equipment) has the 4 power socket, the other half has 4 CAT5 network ports.

Are you premitted to carry out repair work on electrical equipment by your employer?

If I power the things off am I not able to replace a fuse even ? actually probably not under health and safety guidelines.

If I power the things off am I not able to replace a fuse even ? actually probably not under health and safety guidelines.

Where I work not anyone can carry out work on electrical equipment including fuse replacement or repairs to portables. It has to be someone who is authorised by the company or under the supervision of.
You need to know where you stand with the Electricity at Work Regulations and the Health and Safety at Work Act before you carry out any work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back