does God exist....or is dillusion make your own mind up

so why are athiets set of belifes superiror, I could say that it gives people who know they are going to hell some comfort and still does and did before.

Atheism is not a belief.
....you also seem to be suggesting someone can CHOOSE a belief. Was this intentional?

Athiesm is a belief that there is no creator or no god in a nutshell, and after death thats it, if thats not a set of ideology what is mate?

people can choose to belive, thats why we have free will....I will not believe in athiest ideals like you will never belive in god or creator, shall we just end this debate now, before you snap.

Als, Atheism from A - theos, means literally without - gods.
Atheism is a lack of belief, not a belief. :)

Sponsored Links
on a brighter note,
what have people done today with there extra 1hr of daylight?
that god/creator allows us to have.daylight that is not the extra hr.

so why are athiets set of belifes superiror, I could say that it gives people who know they are going to hell some comfort and still does and did before.

Atheism is not a belief.
....you also seem to be suggesting someone can CHOOSE a belief. Was this intentional?

Athiesm is a belief that there is no creator or no god in a nutshell, and after death thats it, if thats not a set of ideology what is mate?

people can choose to belive, thats why we have free will....I will not believe in athiest ideals like you will never belive in god or creator, shall we just end this debate now, before you snap.
I think you are about to SNAP

I'm not sure if this translates as using a negative to prove a positive....it is more of using negatives to prove that something isn't proven ;)
Not really. Assume something is false. If this leads to a contradiction then the assumption must be false, so the something must be true. So, if you assume a negative, which leads to a contradictory situation, then the reality was a positive.

Now then, how can we apply this to the current discussion? ;)

Sponsored Links

Atheism is not a belief.

Exactly athiesm is a set of beliefs which believes there is no god, or gods, and after death thats sit,

so how can you say that is not a belief.

its funny how religions are not based like this nor started like this, i.e
islam never started as a retaliation to athiests, but athiesm started as a retaliation to believeing there are gods or religion

We don't need it anymore.

What do you mean by this sweeping statement? :confused:

We don't need it or our lives do not depend on it for survival?

We don't really need love.

We don't need anger.

Nor do we need to feel happy or sad.

Shall we ditch these too?

Lets all become logical and live the Vulcan life. Live long and prosper.
Ok, i'll explain.
We don't 'need' to sacrifice animals in order to convince ourselves that our harvest is good.
We don't 'need' to use 'God did it' to explain earthquakes.etc

Love, anger, happy and sad are evolutionary functions that still are very much needed.
Our 'love' helps us find a partner and stay with them long enough to raise our offspring, Happiness is evolutions 'carrot' (of the carrot and stick).
Anger helps us when we have things that could cause us harm, and sad is the 'stick'.

Atheism is not a belief.

Exactly athiesm is a set of beliefs which believes there is no god, or gods, and after death thats sit,

so how can you say that is not a belief.

its funny how religions are not based like this nor started like this, i.e
islam never started as a retaliation to athiests, but athiesm started as a retaliation to believeing there are gods or religion

No no no, atheism isn't a belief. It is the ABSENCE of belief.
A rock, is atheist. It has no belief. A child, is atheist. It has no belief.
Atheism started the second someone thought "I don't have a belief in gods".
BTW not all atheists believe that when we die that is it. Some believe in ghosts, after lifes etc...just without Gods (A-theos)

Ok, i'll explain.
We don't 'need' to sacrifice animals in order to convince ourselves that our harvest is good.
We don't 'need' to use 'God did it' to explain earthquakes.etc

why is he alwasy slandering peoples religion, thats the only proof athiests seem to have :cry:

Alsheating - given your absolute and unequivocal belief, and given that you've recetly lost you job, I can't help but worry that you are going to become increasingly desparate and malleable. Keep away from dodgy clerics at all costs until you get a job!

I am not led by a god I am my own person, I do not care what other people belive in as long as it won,t affect me. Its when people start setting off bombs in the name of god that gets to me.

Sponsored Links
Back