Does lack of boiler servicing affect house insurance?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to fix my neighbour's boiler (re-pressurise). I had bought two of those metal service handles for the Vaillant boiler as one of the original plastic ones had fallen off and was missing. She didn't want to replace the one remaining plastic one as everything is now working well so I said to ask her engineer to swap them when the next service is due. She doesn't have it serviced! I said that I thought that this could affect her house insurance but I wasn't sure - am I correct? I did explain why the boiler should be top of the list for annual inspection. She owns the house, it's not rented.

Sponsored Links
It won't affect the house insurance no, but it will nullify any warranty that the boiler may have had, it could also effect its efficiency and a service will ensure the boiler is working correctly and safely, they can kill.

Everyone should always take gas seriously, if not then it's potentially playing with their and theirs personal safety. A gas boiler should be serviced once a year by a GSR engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back