does my lintel need replacing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I want to take the old door frame out for the kitchen, this now leads into conservatory, but, the doorway used to be a window only and looking at the exposed lintel it seems rather small for the load above it being all in limestone. The concrete lintel in place now looks to be about 5" x 4" and extends into stonework by 9" only - sorry too old to do mms. I don't know how long its been there but at least 20 years I know of. There is a similar one on the interior kitchen side in concrete but that is a 20" deep wall. any ideas or advise please?

Sponsored Links
thank you - I have noticed that the top of the frame doesn't even touch the lintel just fresh air between so will take that frame out and fix up the stonework with with a suitable lime product.

Sponsored Links
hi - just taking it out so it is just a walkway - the stone outside should wrap right round then into the kitchen and I can lime-wash it all to match, in theory.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back