Does my quote sound right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I appreciate it’s hard to know without looking at my house but I’ve had a quote and I just want to get a sense as to whether it sounds correct or not.

I have a four bed detached house in the Surrey / Hampshire area. The work quoted for is;

- Removal of old potterton boiler from downstairs wc.

- installation of new Worcester Bosch greenstar 24kw boiler in utility room.

- removal of old hot water cylinder from upstairs airing cupboard.

- removal of old cold water tank in loft.

- installation of megaflo unvented cylinder in garage.

- removal of six radiators downstairs in prep for a wet underfloor heating system.

- installation of pipe work to location of underfloor heating manifold. UFH to be installed at a different date but not part of the quote.

- installation of four new radiators upstairs (supplied by us). Existing radiators are on microbore. New pipe work to be supplied.

- capping off two gas supplys into the floor.

£6650.

Any feedback appreciated.

Another plumber was supposed to quote this work but didn’t turn up. This quote I’ve had is from a recommendation. We’ve just moved in and the work needs to be done ASAP. Ideally I’d want to compare quotes but new to the area and time not on my side.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back