Problems with my S plan Heating system - Microbore pipes etc

As said before we need some pictures to sus whats been done right/wrong, boiler, airing cupboard, wiring etc...............

You said you fitted a zone valve on the boiler flow - is this directly off the boiler??? does your h/w zone valve tee off before or after this valve on the flow??? pump?? vent, cold feed or sealed??

More info please then maybe we can help. ta

Sponsored Links
if you are willing to help then I could send you better explanation / photo.
If I was not willing to help I would not be posting here.
Can you not put a better explanation/photo on here, that way you would have the benefit of many, experienced and knowledgable individuals, although there are also some that are not so helpful.

Sponsored Links
also, please have a look at the F&E and see if it is pumping over through the Vent pipe.

If the pump is running, but some radiators are not getting hot, then the hot flow is likely to be escaping through other rads; or a by-pass; or the cylinder; or the vent pipe (unless there is a shortage of water in the upstairs rads due to a blockage, which is very common after an old open-vented system has been drained).

ok where is your cold feed and vent?? if not already you may be better to convert to a sealed system,

Feed And Expansion

The small tank, usually in the loft, which tops up the radiators (unless you have a sealed, pressurised system)

Something to be careful of.... do not run your boiler with all those gate valves turned off....... boom!!

It is a vented system and I do have a feed an expansion. My cold feed is in the attic up at the header tank.

My vent goes up through the airing cupboard (the straight pipe with the little stop end in it)

It vents up to the header tank.

The other pipe with a stop end in it in the picture was the old feed into the cylinder before the new pipes were added.

I think that maybe I need to connect these two capped off pipes together to each other.

Good idea or bad idea?

Also, maybe I should fill the system with a hose from the header tank down?

Where could I put a bypass?

Thanks again. Alan

I mean the gate valves, again where is the cold feed an vent??? if not directly on the boiler then by isolating all those gate valves and running the boiler will result in a bang as nowhere for expansion,

we still have only half the picture, to get to the bottom of your problems we need to see more, by what i can see so far there is alot to do to put this right.

Are you saying you have a combined fed and vent?
A pic of the whole layout might help, try and get rid of the rubbish so it's possible to see what pipes are what.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back