Problems with my S plan Heating system - Microbore pipes etc

Ok. I think I do understand what you are saying about the bypass now. Makes sense.

If you could explain it in more detail though it would be great.

Ta

Alan

Sponsored Links
The inherent higher resistance of microbore piping results in greater pump pressures than a normal system. That increases the risk of air being sucked into the system and of pumping over in the F&E tank.

Because a sealed system is "sealed", once you have got the air out of it there is nowhere for air to re-enter.

With a mixed system balancing becomes very critical and all the balancing on 15mm fed rads is within the first 180° of opening of the lockshield valves.

If it makes you feel better, I can say that ICANHELP is also very abusive to me as well. You will note that he hides his identity like most of the abusive people on forums.

I do agree though with the sentiments he expressed about DIYers trying to do what they are not qualified for.

You did not help because you said "I fitted" this and that ! You only later said it was under the guidance of your friend who is a "professional" plumber.

I dont understand how any "professional plumber" can be stumped with a very simple heating system circulation and air ingress problem. Thats daily bread for anyone working in the industry.

Tony

Judging by the photo's I'd guess someone has been trying a little DIY plumbing :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Sorry about your plumbing woes Yellowmitch.
It's a bit of a bummer when it goes wrong. You can rest easy though as you're just a diyer.
Try saddling up like me and making a living at it. (well part time anyways) When it goes t@ts up you can sure have a lot to listen too.

I prefer plant/rooms and boiler house work meself. Last inside work I done I flooded an entire ground floor in a posh estate when a push fit on a mains supply popped off.
I was long gone though so no come backs. he he happy days. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back