Does the planning permission process cost a lot of money?

I know i should have started the thread once i had the keys and could take some decent picture, but I'm to excited and buzzing with ideas.

The House is built on s steep hill, and the carport is dug out quite deep. When standing in the carport the roof is about 3 metres, so i was hoping to drop it approx a metre to ground level of the house and existing garden, and still give me enough height for a 2.2 -2.3 metre garage. The roof would be no higher than house or garden at the moment.

The problem i can see is the end of the roof where the entrance from the lane is will be 2.3 metres high already and i would need to had a fence or banister or something which will increase this height another metre or so. The street however have some really big constructions in the gardens, with one being a guest house with a huge extension at the rear which takes up the whole of the outside space, and 2 storeys high at the lane.

As for the extension at the side the link below is what i have in mind
http://www.channel4.com/media/image...xtensions/glass-ext-david-churchill-lg_B0.jpg

Sponsored Links
Find out if your house still has its permitted development rights intact. A lot of what you want would probably not need planning if you can PD it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back