Does this quote for concrete foundation seem right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New member so I hope this is the right place to post.

We're getting an external boiler and we need a concrete foundation laying for it in the garden along the side of the house.

It needs to be 1 metre by 1 metre and around 40cm deep.

We've been quoted £330 (including materials) by a builder who's a friend of a friend. I know it'll mean he's working over two days as he's building it one day and then coming back to take the shuttering off the following day but it was a bit more than we'd expected.

Its been ages since we had any kind of building work done so I'm out of touch but does it seem about right or excessive?

Sponsored Links
As it is less than 1 cubic metre it will probably be hand mixed by the builder rather than delivered so much of the cost will be purely labour and assuming he is on around £200 per day plus materials and will take him a day and a few hours the following day it is about right..... sorry.

External boiler or air source pump?.
A bit of mesh or rebar or some fibres be good in the concrete as well. But price is fine.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
As it is less than 1 cubic metre it will probably be hand mixed by the builder rather than delivered so much of the cost will be purely labour and assuming he is on around £200 per day plus materials and will take him a day and a few hours the following day it is about right..... sorry.

Thats fair enough. We're out of touch with costs for building/trades so I just wanted to get an idea of whether it was reasonable. Thanks for the reply.

External boiler or air source pump?.
A bit of mesh or rebar or some fibres be good in the concrete as well. But price is fine.

It's an external boiler. Good to know the price is reasonable. Cheers.

Isn't 40cm deep generous?

We've had a few quotes and got advice off several people and this was the consensus so fingers crossed its right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back