Does this quote seem expensive??

Wouldn't worry too much about that, everyone seems to leave them on max anyway!
If water coming out at over 55° would be a problem (it's too hot for babies' skin) then you should consider the Vaillant which controls it better.

I'd agree the 28 is a better option and value than the 24.

Sponsored Links
when the quote comes in i'll ask about upgrading to the 831 , well that's if the first quotes reasonable lol , guy seemed to know his stuff as gave me a good tip to save me a lot of hassle when i come to fit the kitchen..

Wouldn't worry too much about that, everyone seems to leave them on max anyway!

Unfortunately Chris, the Ecotec Plus does not like it if it is left on full on a small system.

This was one of the main causes for the premature failure of the silicone seal fiasco.

Hi guys , its getting close to making the decision.

I'm keen on getting a worcester but would i be better going for a 30si over a junior 28i?.

the guy that i got in for the valiant quote was a tad to expensive, plus he gave us a quote not including the price of the power flush, we were to phone up to see what that was on top of the boiler quote, that isn't the kind of business i want to deal with, i want a honest quote outlining everything.

Kev

Sponsored Links
been quoted an extra £65 to move to the 30si , is it worth it ??

You can never have too much power... My 30Si is a good little boiler plus you have the option of adjusting the DHW temperature.. Better still if price and space allow then a 30 CDi.. The expansion vessel is mounted in the side of the boiler but I think that you will be pleased with your Si provided that it is correctly installed... Also worth having is the DT10RF digistat Worcester have introduced a new one which is easier to use and has 6 temperature periods

thanks for the help guys, went for the 30si.

boiler and all plumbing was finished yesterday, the guys were great, real friendly and happy to answer any question i had , over all im well chuffed :D .

100_3810.jpg

ignore the dodgy electrics there getting sorted next.

Kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back