Dog loses snout saving two girls

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
In the news today (well i saw it today) was this dog that ran out in front of a motorbike and saved its owners daughters from possible injury and in turn lost its whole upper snout, see linky...

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/hero_dog_without_snout_gets_vip_vet_care

Should this dog be put through this all or should they do whats best and put it to sleep, i can't decide even though i'm the worlds greatest dog lover. You could say who are we to decided if this poor thing lives or dies and it should be given a chance or would you say what quality of life would it have and lets just do the decent thing and end a future life of misery early.

All i know is what a poor little thing :cry:

Sponsored Links
Crikey, in answer to yoor question then i thougths vets were trained to mak that call... sufering verses quality of life....

But that dawg seems happy anough and seems to be able too eat ok...

The broader question is should any animl be treated medically when so many poeple need medicin?

Should this dog be put through this all or should they do whats best and put it to sleep, i can't decide even though i'm the worlds greatest dog lover. You could say who are we to decided if this poor thing lives or dies and it should be given a chance or would you say what quality of life would it have and lets just do the decent thing and end a future life of misery early.
What would be your opinion if it was a person with horrific facial injuries? Let them live or put them to sleep?

Sponsored Links
What would be your opinion if it was a person with horrific facial injuries? Let them live or put them to sleep?

Quite true and this is the thing, if it were a human then no question about it you do everything you can............so why shouldn't a dog get the same chance, who are we to decide, even the vet?

It's that thing about whether the dog can "rationalise" it's plight and understand what's going on, or if it's our imagination projected onto what is basically a dumb beast.

Dunno :confused:

the majority of animals are looking ruond to see if their about to be eaton. Death, pain, testosterone are just a natral part of there existence.

Weve evolved away from that in as much that we have fewer preditors and we can now fix most of the medicol things....

but should we fix things for animals like this or poorer humans?

as it appears that the dog apart from missing half its face is living a perfectly decent life and eating then id say go for it.especially if it makes the dogs life easier.if there are people willing to donate and experts willing to carry out operations then i cant see any problem,

ask your self,would these kind people who have donated money for this dog,donate for any human cause???

but should we fix things for animals like this or poorer humans?

What like the millions we waste on rehabilitation for drug/alcohol addicts ?
Don't we do this :
(a) to protect ourselves from the nefarious means by which addicts raise their funds, and
(b) to help perfect a technique that might help our children should they for whatever reason get into this game?

The dog ran @ a motorcycle - to save 2 girls. One part of that I can believe . Way back I saw a picture in a book of a WW1 veteran who had lost all his bottom jaw , I guessed his care would have been in an institution at the time . Question - have we become more humane over a century , or just soft in the head :?:

as it appears that the dog apart from missing half its face is living a perfectly decent life and eating then id say go for it.especially if it makes the dogs life easier.if there are people willing to donate and experts willing to carry out operations then i cant see any problem,

ask your self,would these kind people who have donated money for this dog,donate for any human cause???

I agree wholeheartedly with your first paragraph, donating for a human cause as i've said before is conflict of interest, we are not an endangered spieces, we are destroying the planet and taking away the habitat for the animals, and what is the point of donating to cancer cure when the drugs they develop are to exspensive to buy?

Sponsored Links
Back