Postman Kicks Dog - Caught On Doorbell CCTV

Sponsored Links
Some homes do stink of dog. I guess the owners dont look after their dogs properly.

Sponsored Links
That's what dog owners (wrongly) believe

Exactly.

I've yet to meet a dog owner that admits their house stinks of dogs as do some of them.

Dogs and carpets never mix.

I can understand it is hard for anyone to tell them their property smells and most will avoid going there or have a lol afterwards having had a shower and change of clothing and wiping the car seat. (I used to carry a spare pair of shoes I often wore into homes on a first visit just in case there was dog/cat mess etc.

Exactly.

I've yet to meet a dog owner that admits their house stinks of dogs as do some of them.

I can understand it is hard for anyone to tell them their property smells and most will avoid going there or have a lol afterwards having had a shower and change of clothing and wiping the car seat. (I used to carry a spare pair of shoes I often wore into homes on a first visit just in case there was dog/cat mess etc.

sounds like you have OCD

Dear Notch7

Without resorting to your abuse, please answer the following.

Are you saying dogs, small or big and many people have more than one dog that dogs do not stink once the've got wet in the rain etc or not groomed often? Property with carpets and dogs, are you saying that gradually and often quickly the stench is ingrained into the property?

I've yet to meet a dog owner that will agree their property stinks of dog. I often wonder when i see people out with dogs along the beach they go into the water, rain on walks along roads leaving behind their dirt as owners cant be bothered to clean up, and often wonder if you can smell the dog as you walk past on the road.

Unless the dog is one of those small rat dogs that are small than a rat, even with quiet frequent grooming etc if the dog is wet and in a house that has carpeted the stench is there 100%

The disgusting hairs are often all over the place and often the same dog that has been licking its rear is licking the owner/s and tried to lick others.

Dogs are a mans best friend but the majority of owners who are barely able to keep their home and slef clean should not be allowed to keep a dog.

I'm also an advocate of only one dog per suitable household.

In warmer places like Dubai I guess people have big houses and marble floors, climate control etc etc it is easier to keep the stench away but in the UK, in my own experience, every property I've visited via my work, house stank, some even had poo on the floor and some that had a dod in the past the smell was still there. You will get the odd house that is large and not carpets etc and dog very well looked after but you still get hairs o your clothing

Thanks

Dogs are a mans best friend but the majority of owners who are barely able to keep their home and slef clean should not be allowed to keep a dog.

I'm also an advocate of only one dog per suitable household.
Come on, stop with views like this.

So let's take the example of an old codger living alone. Doesn't keep his home clean or tidy for whatever reason. You're saying he should be banned from keeping a dog?

One thing I would agree with you on to an extent is dog numbers per household, however policing that would be practically impossible.

Come on, stop with views like this.

So let's take the example of an old codger living alone. Doesn't keep his home clean or tidy for whatever reason. You're saying he should be banned from keeping a dog?

One thing I would agree with you on to an extent is dog numbers per household, however policing that would be practically impossible.

If you read from the start of this thread I'm advocating dog licences for all ie fit for the purpose and no more than one dog. Licence fee of 300 pound intially and then about 150 per year to keep tabs on those that need to be re-checked.

There would be a transition period where those you mention that can barely look after themselves have dogs.
Social services may need to get involved as some property is a rik to helath and fire safety.

You can't do it overnight but where there is a will, there is a way

It is important to remember that my stance and as above will benefit the dogs the most and others that may be attacked
etc and reduction in the smells as a no carpet rule should be impliments as well once the licence comes into play ie for new ownership

Sure, it will take time and dog owners will object but there is a clear need for dog licencing and enforcement for reasons covered in this thread.

Exactly.

As I have said before, I have dogs and yes my house does stink of dogs.

Having large dogs around the house 24/7 and not having the time & ability to blitz the whole house every day does mean that yes there is a doggy smell.
Mainly from the dog blankets or it may be the mrs... :)
You don't like it fine, your not welcome in my house as my dogs mean a heck of a lot more to me than your opinion.

If you read from the start of this thread I'm advocating dog licences for all ie fit for the purpose and no more than one dog. Licence fee of 300 pound intially and then about 150 per year to keep tabs on those that need to be re-checked.

There would be a transition period where those you mention that can barely look after themselves have dogs.
Social services may need to get involved as some property is a rik to helath and fire safety.

You can't do it overnight but where there is a will, there is a way

It is important to remember that my stance and as above will benefit the dogs the most and others that may be attacked
etc and reduction in the smells as a no carpet rule should be impliments as well once the licence comes into play ie for new ownership

Sure, it will take time and dog owners will object but there is a clear need for dog licencing and enforcement for reasons covered in this thread.

What are you going on about ?

Any one who owns a dog cannot have a carpet ???

As I have said before, I have dogs and yes my house does stink of dogs.

Having large dogs around the house 24/7 and not having the time & ability to blitz the whole house every day does mean that yes there is a doggy smell.
Mainly from the dog blankets or it may be the mrs... :)
You don't like it fine, your not welcome in my house as my dogs mean a heck of a lot more to me than your opinion.

Thank you for your honest post. Credit to you for being honest and more importantly aware.

About coming to your house, its not about that. Clearly, in my posts, I've posted about the stench I've had to do via my work as have others and that is a fact. Therefore, professionals like me, tradespeople at times have no choice but to endure the stench and for that reason, we must try to ensure those keeping a dog are educated re social skills, etc, etc.

You said you've got a dog, not sure if its one of those rat sized ones or one of those as big as those little horses or you have more than one possibly 4/6/10 etc. In my judgement people must be restricted to one dog and be qualified to look after a dog, the dog deserves that. It's not the fault of the dog but the owner.

I've refused to go into property that stunk and had dog mess on the floor until the house was blitz cleaned and guess what, more of my colleagues followed what I did and guess what - the dogs and the owners had a better, cleaner life.

I could never have a dog as I could not give it the love nd care, hygiene of daily grooming, wiping their rear after a dump, etc, etc. If I was very rich and had a massive mansion and servants I'd keep a dogh and have a room built for it and a place in our mansion to spend some time with it but I would never have a dog on a carpet/bed etc, never.

Sponsored Links
Back