Postman Kicks Dog - Caught On Doorbell CCTV

I used to ask over the phone to new customers if they had a dog and were prepared to lock it up while I was there.
Many of them came up with the same shyt "it's very friendly, never hurt anybody".
I understand that, but it's a dog, an animal.
I don't want it to sniff and lick me and my tools.
I don't want to hoover its hair off my clothes and equipment.
It's already bad enough to work in a house smelling of wet dog.
Yes dog owners, you can't smell it, but your house stinks of wet dog.

I thought I was the only one on this forum that felt like that. I forgot about removing the crappy hairs.
I always carried a lightweight cheap jacket in the car and a bag to keep the dog hairs at bay as one of
our children is very allergic. It was much easier to get the hairs off the lightweight jacket/coat than my wool coats.
On my first visit to a clients home, I'd always wear the lightweight jacket just in case they had doggy smells/hairs.

I often refused to sit down and told them politely I'd rather be on my feet as sat all day or find a leather of plastic chair with minimal hair.

Why do some of these idiots feel it's okay for all to be licked by dog just because they have been and not notice the stench they live in.

Sponsored Links
I used to ask over the phone to new customers if they had a dog and were prepared to lock it up while I was there.
Many of them came up with the same shyt "it's very friendly, never hurt anybody".
Maybe you're working in the wrong sector???

Maybe you're working in the wrong sector???
Retired now, but I was never short of work.
I understand that some people like to snog their dogs and some even make love with them.
Excuse me if that is not my cup of tea.
To me animals are animals and should be treated as such.
I already dealt with dust, grease and all sort of other caper when working, why should I be subjected to an animal hair and saliva?
I'm sure there are many pet friendly traders, not me.

Sponsored Links
Looks like a jailing offence to me, kicking a small dog like that could have killed it. Even if it did bite him, the way he reacted showed a lack of self-control. You shouldn't be a postman if you are frightened of dogs; can't handle dogs or dislike dogs. Arsehole.

big bloke very little dog - no need for the kick - sack him and as Andy says, jail him

Dog looks like it will attack me gets a boot.

About time people took control of their pets.

Looks like a jailing offence to me, kicking a small dog like that could have killed it. Even if it did bite him, the way he reacted showed a lack of self-control. You shouldn't be a postman if you are frightened of dogs; can't handle dogs or dislike dogs. Arsehole.
Is that an essential requirement listed in the application form?
Come on!
Royal mail should sue people who let their dogs bite the postmen.
They must be losing a lot of money with sickness considering their numbers.
Responsible people keep their dogs under control.
Stupid people let their dog do whatever they want and should pay the consequences.

well said

Dog looks like it will attack me gets a boot.

About time people took control of their pets.
I hope you get an encounter with an American Pitbull that has just got its balls snagged on a barbed wire fence and hasnt eaten for 5 days

most builders are more grown up and are happy to have a customers dog around to greet them in the morning

houses with dogs do not have to stink and most do not

Is that an essential requirement listed in the application form?
Come on!
Royal mail should sue people who let their dogs bite the postmen.
They must be losing a lot of money with sickness considering their numbers.
Responsible people keep their dogs under control.
Stupid people let their dog do whatever they want and should pay the consequences.

We are getting almost daily reports of serious assaults by dogs often in public places.

When people invite someone to their home and it is an invite when a builder/professional/friend comes around to the house, the owner
should be a good host and if their guest does not like, feel safe with dog/s around them, any half sensible person would remove the risk.

The stench, the whiff or the stench is there and I've said before I can tell if people previously owned a dog or moved into a house that had dogs and not changed the carpets etc.

Some owners dogs are sensible and they may slowly walk up and then you say a verbal hi, or pat on the head they go back to their corner or other room but many are unpredictable, hence the attacks you hear about

I've yet to met a dog owner that will admit their home has a whiff of dog never mind a stench.

The postman's action IMO was a knee-jerk reaction. Imagine if that dog and it was not exactly small. What if the bite got infected or was worse, why should the postie suffer.

I've given examples where I've met people with dogs when they open the front door dog runs into the rod but often worries the person knocking the door.

Sadly, even friends and inc other family who do not own a dog when visiting a family/friends home with dog/s will not often tell them their house stinks and is full of dog hairs. It's much much worse if the dog owners have carpets and more than one little dog or mid/lar sized dog.

Dogs are a mans best friend but it is often the man that lets them down by not giving them a daily wash and not having carpets, soft furnishings in their home and not airing the house daily or grooming the dog daily.

most builders are more grown up and are happy to have a customers dog around to greet them in the morning

houses with dogs do not have to stink and most do not

How do you know it's "most" and that a lot are just putting up with the stench etc as they dont want to be seen as rude when telling the truth.

I got put in hospital with dog attack on paper round as a kid.
Dog attacks are a big problem got post men and women

Sponsored Links
Back