Bloody council tax!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Council tax re-evaluers now want to charge us more if we live in a nice area.That ought to mean discounts for those of us who live in rough areas.

We have a huge council house in our area. The extended family is run by a grumpy old woman with a pack of fierce dogs. Her car isn't registered or insured, and doesn't even have a number plate, but the police still do nothing when I complain. Her bad tempered husband, a mixed race foreigner himself, is always upsetting other foreigners with racist comments - again the police take no action. A shopkeeper blames him for the murder of his son and his son's girlfriend, but nothing has been proved yet. All their kids have broken marriages due to infidelity except the youngest, who everyone thinks is gay. All of her granddaughters haven't done a days work in their life yet one of them can afford to own and ride horses. Her two grandsons are meant to be in the Army but are always being seen out on the lash in nightclubs. They are always in the papers. They are out of control and have upset a lot of people. One of them recently got married and that 'do' must have cost a small fortune - no doubt funded by us, the tax payer.

Honestly, who'd live near Windsor Castle!

Sponsored Links
Made me laugh. You must have had a humour by-pass or maybe your job really is getting you down? Always a struggle when you're not up to it, I suppose. I love my job - not a problem at all for me. How about you tell us something more interesting then?

Last edited:
Political discussions don't go down too well around here motman. Doesn't look like you've yet been around long enough to know that - you will.

Sponsored Links
Me too. I see Wills has done about 13 days work this year. Taking after his Uncle Andy who I think he looks like....

Daily Mail I think. Now don't be too hard on them motman, being in the spotlight constantly seems to drive most celebrities a bit crazy - ans some more than others I should add.

Blimey. There's some miserable nit-picking sods on this site, aint there?

In reply to your comment, no, we don't all send her our tax contribution directly to the Royal Family but it does come from the taxpayer indirectly. Where do you think the money comes from - off of the Royal money tree? It comes from the Sovereign Grant. Allow me to educate you.

The Sovereign Grant

"Obviously, the Windsors’ family budget is considerably bigger than the average household. This year the report showed the Sovereign Grant was £43 million.

The Sovereign Grant is money that comes from the Treasury – taxpayers – and is given to the Queen for her and her family to carry out official duties. At current rates, it would reach £45.6 million in 2017/18, which would be a 57% increase since 2012.

The Sovereign Grant was introduced in 2012 and replaced the Civil List and three separate grants for royal travel, communications and maintenance of the royal palaces."

They also top it up from the queens private income, Privy Purse and other incomes as well but we, as taxpayers, DO support the Royal family. I hope that didn't take too much of the joke away from you.

Where do you think the money comes from - off of the Royal money tree? It comes from the Sovereign Grant.
They forget to mention that the Sovereign Grant ultimately comes from the family's own land profits, not from us.

How much did they pay for their own land?
Or, indeed, how did they acquire it?
Same goes for all the other landed gentry.

Do you remember the sea-bed sales?

Sponsored Links
Back