Bloody council tax!

Ok. I disagree but that's life.

Just answer one more thing, please.

Do you find it acceptable that, under this same system, the Crown - The Queen - should own the sea-bed for a distance of eleven miles out and thus "earn" rent from the likes of off-shore wind farms leading to, in effect, a 15% tax on the cost of the electricity?

Sponsored Links
Under some circumstances, you have the right to return to land that somebody else's family has farmed for a thousand years, if you claim that your family pitched a tent somewhere nearby, five thousand years ago.

Do you find it acceptable that, under this same system, the Crown - The Queen - should own the sea-bed for a distance of eleven miles out and thus "earn" rent from the likes of off-shore wind farms leading to, in effect, a 15% tax on the cost of the electricity?
Tricky one. I guess I do find it acceptable, even if it would work just as well or better with some other system of sea-bed ownership. Britain is full of weird, antiquated traditions and illogical systems, and that is one that I don't see as a big deal. (Is this effective 'tax' on all electricity or just the wind farm contribution?)

Well, in this case, just the off-shore wind farm generated thus making this 'renewable' source 15% more expensive than it need be.

The same applies, though, to land based wind farms where someone 'luckily' owns some bleak hill-side on which they are built.
This, of course, is likely to be the same privileged individuals that you don't mind.

Sponsored Links
Back