Postman Kicks Dog - Caught On Doorbell CCTV

My Mother In Law has a Cavapoo.

The breed has hypoallergenic fur, it doesn’t moult and was totally housetrained within 2 weeks.

it gets washed once a week

it gets washed before it goes in the house if it’s muddy

And I can assure you the house does not smell.

Please avoid making sweeping generalisations on a subject you clearly know little about.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your honest post. Credit to you for being honest and more importantly aware.

About coming to your house, its not about that. Clearly, in my posts, I've posted about the stench I've had to do via my work as have others and that is a fact. Therefore, professionals like me, tradespeople at times have no choice but to endure the stench and for that reason, we must try to ensure those keeping a dog are educated re social skills, etc, etc.

You said you've got a dog, not sure if its one of those rat sized ones or one of those as big as those little horses or you have more than one possibly 4/6/10 etc. In my judgement people must be restricted to one dog and be qualified to look after a dog, the dog deserves that. It's not the fault of the dog but the owner.

I've refused to go into property that stunk and had dog mess on the floor until the house was blitz cleaned and guess what, more of my colleagues followed what I did and guess what - the dogs and the owners had a better, cleaner life.

I could never have a dog as I could not give it the love nd care, hygiene of daily grooming, wiping their rear after a dump, etc, etc. If I was very rich and had a massive mansion and servants I'd keep a dogh and have a room built for it and a place in our mansion to spend some time with it but I would never have a dog on a carpet/bed etc, never.

Your attitude says more about you than people who have dogs.

my dogs mean a heck of a lot more to me than your opinion
People without dogs have no idea what amazing characters dogs are.

If I go home and my wife has taken the dog out, it’s surprising how quiet the house seems.

Sponsored Links
You clearly chose to be ignorant of the many posts here that have had to experience the stench of wet dog in people's homes.
I am fully aware of it.

But I am not a bigot who thinks all home with dogs stink.

A bit harsh IMHO.

A friend of my OH was bitten by a dog and the owner did not to stop the dog and was walking away having stated that his dog was "only playing, lol"
and my OH's fiend slapped the guy twice and knocked its teeth out. I bet you that smelly owner kept its dog under control after that.

What a complete load of tosh..

Some homes do stink of dog. I guess the owners dont look after their dogs properly.
What does that mean? daily shampoos and potty training? A wild animal walking round your house and dragging it’s alsehole on the carpet is going to smell.

I have worked in some right ****holes over the years, and yes, some houses do stink of dogs, but humans can make a house stink worse without any animals, and cats!, jeez, the stench they can cause is worse than any dog smell.

A good point re humans but it was more often dogs owner houses that stunk more than human-only houses. Cat pee was even worse.
Why do people live like that.
I've seen people with 2/3 dogs on the road and I think FFS I shudder to think about the stench they live in.
Dogs like humans needs a daily bath/shower and if that does not happen and they are dragging their rear and wet coat all over the carpet, permanent stench develops.

I would never buy a house to live in or rent out if it has evidence of dog or cat smells as at times they get ingrained into the floorboards.

If you read from the start of this thread I'm advocating dog licences for all ie fit for the purpose and no more than one dog. Licence fee of 300 pound intially and then about 150 per year to keep tabs on those that need to be re-checked.

There would be a transition period where those you mention that can barely look after themselves have dogs.
Social services may need to get involved as some property is a rik to helath and fire safety.

You can't do it overnight but where there is a will, there is a way

It is important to remember that my stance and as above will benefit the dogs the most and others that may be attacked
etc and reduction in the smells as a no carpet rule should be impliments as well once the licence comes into play ie for new ownership

Sure, it will take time and dog owners will object but there is a clear need for dog licencing and enforcement for reasons covered in this thread.
I'm not replying to you on this topic after this post as I suspect you're simply trying to get folk to rise to your bait.

Quite a few things in your post almost make me laugh out loud. Too much to go into.

Mind you, at least there would be some additional employment through your new policy e.g. folk employed to go around each licence holder to ensure they don't have any carpets laid and to do a sniff test. Maybe call them Carpet and Smell Check Operatives ... HA HA HAaaaa ....

More evidence why licencing is needed and max of one dog per licence household.

I would never trust a dog with a child left alone or a vulerable person and the link below just shows how dogs can turn.

We had to go and drop one of our grandchildren off as shcoll this morning as our son was in an important meeting from home with his HK staff and our grandchild's mummy was hopefully on her last day as a juror

Anyways, I digress :( - driving to our grandchild's school I noted this bloke with several dogs in the rain and it sent a shudder through me as though I could smell the dog in our SUV, so I tunred the climate control off and turned on the internal air recirculation. I'm sure it was psychological but I'm not a 100% sure about that. A bit fursther down the road as car was moving slowly in nose to tail traffic I opened the windows a little and closed them and turned on the climate control and turned up the scented aroma.

As I type I think I need another shower.

:(

More evidence why licencing is needed and max of one dog per licence household
that is evidence people should not have dangerous breeds
it is not evidence licencing is needed
and your claim only one dog per licence household is utterly ridiculous

deaths caused by dogs and injuries are tiny numbers.

7000 people a year are treated for dog bites
11,000 people a year are treated for falls on pavements

Sponsored Links
Back