Postman Kicks Dog - Caught On Doorbell CCTV

Reaction score
Country
Palau
Having read what happened, I'm 100% with the postman/Postoffice. It is sad to see the dog like that but people need to keep their dogs under control as not everyone is comfortable with dogs running around them.

My own personal experience:

As I've said on these forums before, it is often the smaller dogs that snap at your ankles and I used to stand outside peoples front doors with legs and feet together so dogs would not try to round around and through legs. This was via my work as I visited people for assessments and in my experience, it was the smaller dogs I got scratched by one of these small dogs.

I was very scared of bigger dogs and often had the dogs put in another room or garden etc like did almost everyone else I worked with.

People should learn to control their dogs. I once recall going to some client's home where the dog ran out and almost got knocked over by a car. Another time I accidentally stepped on the paw of a small dog as the dog came running from another room and startled me and the owners were trying to get hold of the little dog. I felt awful about it but I blamed the owners for not having their dog under control.

One of our children was bitten by a big dog when she went to a friend's house and must have been aged just under 12 as our daughter and her friends chatted the dog for no reason to bite our daughter's leg. The family begged us the dog had never done it before but we had a duty and we did report it to the police. The family were not happy with that but we told them it was our daughter and we'd leave it to the police etc as it could have been much worse and or happen to someone else especially a toddler/baby etc.

Apols, forgot the link

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ICKED-family-dog-floor-delivering-parcel.html

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
From the outside looking in & judging from the shoite you are posting this pm. it is more than likely that you are having another one of your 'episodes'. I'm assuming that your not just 'drunk'.

Please ring the number & talk with your first point of contact, it will all be better in the morning.

I see no evidence the dog bit the postman

what I do see is the postman viscously kick the dog

Post the footage of the dog around the postmans ankle if you are so sure.

The postman shudders and a kneejerk reaction.

it is not as though the postman did something when he thought he was not being watched.

The postoffice investigated this as per link and there must have been evidence there.

So where is your evidence???

Not everyone is comfortable with dogs shaping at them or running u to them making contact.

I await your link

Sponsored Links
Having been a union representative for decades, I'm 100% with the postman.
In fact, if I had to advise this worker, I would say to refuse to deliver to that address again.
The union should push to blacklist this property and all other properties with dogs out of control so the postmen never have to deliver parcel or have any "open door" contact.
If they want to keep an out of control dog, they can walk themselves to the nearest post office to collect their parcels.

regularly work and have worked in houses with dogs. mostly good but some bad.
worked in one house where there were 2 dogs . one was fine but the other a little b@sta7d . could not walk anywhere without it nipping and biting at our trousers and shoes. In the end it bit and drew blood on my ankle. I booted it several times . Didn’t come near after that.

Having been a union representative for decades, I'm 100% with the postman.
In fact, if I had to advise this worker, I would say to refuse to deliver to that address again.
The union should push to blacklist this property and all other properties with dogs out of control so the postmen never have to deliver parcel or have any "open door" contact.
If they want to keep an out of control dog, they can walk themselves to the nearest post office to collect their parcels.

A brilliant post.
I wish my soc serv managers were as brave as you.
We used to get it from the dogs and worst still got abuse
from the people we visited.
If when a member of staff was attacked by a dog or a human
or verbal abuse, so managers just joked about it, "they are like that with everyone."
I refused to re-visit a property with dogs after my initial visit when the owner refused to put the three dogs in another room.
Initially the manager joked about it until they realised I was not backing down and sent another member of staff.
Then the manager gloated about how the other staff member managed and the dogs were "just being friendly" I told the manager I could not care
about that I was not having three dogs or a single do licking me, all over me when the owner could not and would not control the dog.
Thankfully that manager left a couple of months later and the stance changed re dogs etc when a member of staff from another directorate was bitten badly
by a gansta types dog. This is more than 20 years ago and things have changed for the better re staff safety.

regularly work and have worked in houses with dogs. mostly good but some bad.
worked in one house where there were 2 dogs . one was fine but the other a little b@sta7d . could not walk anywhere without it nipping and biting at our trousers and shoes. In the end it bit and drew blood on my ankle. I booted it several times . Didn’t come near after that.

You should have told the owner to control its dog as it is not really the fault of the dog is it.

Owners did wind me up as they do it parks "oh he/she would not hurt a fly/baby..." How the hell do you know that I often think.

Dog owners need to be licensed and taught simple facts of life of having a dog that not everyone is comfortable with a dog and looking after a dog takes a lot of effort and money and if you won't have that, then you are not fit to keep a dog never mind dogs.

I didn’t think of that. while they were right there watching it happen.

Well you never said that but I'm glad that you was able to stop the attacks.

If that had happened to me and the owners stood there doing naff all and were capable of stopping it, I'd would
have made it clear that I was quite upset and that I'd be recommending that no one else visited from our department until they satisfy
us that they could control their dog/s.

I used to ask over the phone to new customers if they had a dog and were prepared to lock it up while I was there.
Many of them came up with the same shyt "it's very friendly, never hurt anybody".
I understand that, but it's a dog, an animal.
I don't want it to sniff and lick me and my tools.
I don't want to hoover its hair off my clothes and equipment.
It's already bad enough to work in a house smelling of wet dog.
Yes dog owners, you can't smell it, but your house stinks of wet dog.

To me when I watched it, it looked like the dog was rushing towards the postie. It could be the postie was afraid of being bitten so pushed it away.

If the dog was not rushing towards the postie, he wouldn't have been able to reach the dog with his leg.

I interpret it as a small dog attacking the postie and the postie having to defend himself.
If my dog (I’ve not got one) attacked the postie, I don’t think I’d be putting the evidence on the internet.

Sponsored Links
Back