dog wee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a large dog....wee-ing all over the grass...now have many dead patches....any ideas?????????????

Sponsored Links
If you give him plenty of treats of grapes or rasins this will stop the peeing (they cause kidney failure in dogs). If this fails you could try adding plenty of onion to his food, or even chocolate. They can both be fatal to dogs. :evil:

two solutions either get him to pee elswhere [one unconspicuous place probably not possible as he is marking his terratory]or throw a bucket of water over the places he pees on to dilute it but must be done at the time he pees :cry:

How old is he? if he's over four he should be using the toilet by now :p

Sponsored Links
sarah8 said:
thanks to big-all

you others are **********
Now let's think about this. Big Dog, pizzles on lawn, how do you stop the grass dying :confused: It doesn't take a genius to work out what is causing it.

I recall a Tommy Cooper joke that went:

A man goes to the doctor and says, "Doctor, it hurts whenever I do this".
Doctor replies "Well don't do it then"

When Tommy told this, it was quite funny. When Big-All uses similar logic with your situation, he's a genius! I was actually thinking of telling you to stop the dog weeing on the lawn, but I thought it might insult your intelligence, now I'm not so sure. :rolleyes:

BTW. Dogs can be trained to use litter trays, some have even been trained to use conventional toilets. So even nstreets ********post was quite constructive.

sarah8 said:
thanks to big-all

you others are *************

With statements like that I can't see you getting many replies to many future posts. You are obviously having a sense of humor crisis. Get some therapy. At least us '***********' are a happy bunch.

BTW evening primrose is good for pmt. ;)

there is a very simple and effective way to train them that works well, which ive used in several gardens that ive designed and built. However as you have insulted a number of people on here by calling them *************i think i will decline to pass on the information until perhaps some manners are shown.

Thermo said:
there is a very simple and effective way to train them that works well, which ive used in several gardens that ive designed and built. However as you have insulted a number of people on here by calling them *************i think i will decline to pass on the information until perhaps some manners are shown.

Doh, Thermo, now youve done it!

I dont mind being a *********** its better than being an ungrateful ****! :rolleyes:

countygardens said:
I dont mind being a *********** its better than being an ungrateful ****! :rolleyes:
I too have been called far worse (sometimes deservedly so :LOL: ).

Is it just me, or do the asterisks look worse than the original mild insult. It now looks like Sarahs comment was a lot more serious than it actually was. Go on Thermo, tell her the secret. I'm not vain enough to worry about what people think about the shape of my head. ;)

coo thats funny when i wrote ******** it didnt get blanked out now it has!

use a dog pit. You dig out an area about 1m x 1m x 1m and fill it with shingle and top it off with sharp sand. You then encourage the dog to go there and discipline it if it goes elsewhere. you can wash it through with a hose periodically. job done.

you can also use it to train it to only dig there rather than the garden (but not the at the same time as weeing!). put a treat in it every day and it gets to know thats its place to dig. depends on the owner but ive out them in a few times, owners havnt believed me when i say it will work, but theyve all told me it does and are gobsmacked by it.

If its a male dog, then you can put a post in the ground where you want him to pee, all you have to do then is to train him to pee there. It's tricky to do, as the dog is used to just going anywhere in the garden, but can be done.

Our female dog pee's where she wants in the garden, it was hard enough to stop her peeing in the house :LOL:

simple, stick it on a lead and walk it to the nearest field let it pee there, if its a large dog it will probably need an hour exercise a day anyway, i have a dobermann and it never pees on the lawn because it is exercised regular

this works for me: I've tied a bell to my dogs wedding tackle and when he cocks his leg up I run out with a bucket of water. Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back