Domestic Air Conditioning - What cavity depth?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a pitched roof single storey extension along the length of the back of my house and I want to install a heat pump air conditioner. I am going to ask the architect to specify a continuous cavity along the length of the wall to hide the pipe work. I have read that the hole to the outside is usually 7cm so does that mean I would need a 7cm deep cavity to hold the pipework or is the standard UK stud depth of about 3.5cm OK?

And the other question is I need a 16amp circuit to power it but does the supply from the consumer unit go to the inside unit or the outside one?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Normally its two pipes in insulation which is ABOUT 50 mm diameter each. But do check with your installers about that.

The usual requirement is for the mains supply to go to the outside ( compressor ) unit. But control ( thermostat/time ) low current cables will need to come inside to a suitable position.

Tony

Some systems have separate supplies for the indoor and outdoor units.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back