Domestic HW Advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologises as I'm sure this question is old hat but if you could help me from cocking things up and save me a few bob I would appreciate it. My hot and cold supplies are both low pressure and me being a complete muppet installed high pressure fittings to the WHB and shower. Okay, so it works reasonably well but it needs a kick up the backside to get anything like a decent flow. The H&C supplies are a mile apart which doesn't help but I would be happy to install a pump to assist the hot water only. The thing that's concerning me is circulation through the vent. Apart from adjusting the pump speed is there any thing I should consider before I balls things up again.

Sponsored Links
Is hot and cold to basin and shower both tank fed? If so, best to pump both of them.

The thing that's concerning me is circulation through the vent

You shouldn't get circulation up the vent from a pump that's augmenting the HW pressure/flow. The supply to the pump should be such that there would be no secondary circulation up the vent as the only time the pump engages is when an outlet is opened and all the pumped supply should exit through the open outlet.

As @dilalio suggests, if you use mix in the body taps/shower then you need balanced supplies and both should really be pumped or you end up with other issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back