Pumped domestic hot water systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any experience of pumped hot water systems? I live in quite a large house with bathrooms spread out and currently run two completely separate hot water cylinders, one for one end and a second for the other end of the house. However, in parts of the house it still needs quite a waste of water to run off the deadleg of cold water before the hot starts to flow in the taps. Hence what I would like to do is to pump the hot water round the house so that the cold draw off is significantly reduced.

I was also planning on using a Salamander pump to boost pressure to the taps and power showers - is there a way of using the Salamander pump to periodically pump hot water round the system and dump the cooler water back into the cylinder cold supply. If I installed a zone valve in the return to the cold cylinder feed would the Salamander pressure switch detect the pressure drop and pump until the zone valve was closed?

Any help much appreciated as I have not been able to find anything on this anywhere and Salamander couldn't help either. Cheers Cut.

Sponsored Links
What you need is called a "secondary return" system. Do a search on that - would take a long time to go into it.

Thanks Chris, much appreciated. It's amazing how once you know the correct name finding the info is so much simpler! Cheers, Cut

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back