Domestic installer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have been doing electrics for 6 years now and I want to do a domestic installer course so I can sign off my own works. I currently test all my works but pay a friend to sign it off for me. But I'm tired of paying hom for doing nothing. Has anyone any suggestions on which course/provider would be best? And then after I've completed that I will get affiliated with a body. Who is the best to go with etc This would be most helpful.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I have been doing electrics for 6 years now and I want to do a domestic installer course so I can sign off my own works. I currently test all my works but pay a friend to sign it off for me. But I'm tired of paying hom for doing nothing. Has anyone any suggestions on which course/provider would be best? And then after I've completed that I will get affiliated with a body. Who is the best to go with etc This would be most helpful.

Many thanks.

but you are not paying him for nothing, he is checking and confirming that your work is completed correctly and to a high enough standard to ensure you dont kill anyone, unless it is a rubber stamp job? and as someone who has completed the appropriate training and certification (which we always condone should be done before carrying out and technical work) then he should be earning from you as you have chosen, up till now, to not shell out for the qualifications

Granted. You know what I mean. I have got quallies just wanted to add the
Domestic installer qually to them. So any suggestions

Sponsored Links
What qualification have you got, there may be no need for you to get anymore.
This link will lead you to the scheme providers that you can register with, approach them and they will inform you of their requirements and what they expect of you.
They don't all ask for the same qualifications, though some may request that you achieve 2391/2392 within a period of time.
An email to them will get a response.
http://www.competentperson.co.uk/

Back