Domestic oil tank leak (with pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
As per the title I have a plastic oil tank that appears to be leaking from the output pipe seal. The black seal which i'm hoping can be seen in the pic is deteriorating.
I'm pretty handy with all things mechanical so I was wondering whether this was a job I could attempt myself ? Or alternatively recommend someone in the Oswestry/Wrexham area that would be interested in quoting.

Thanks

P.s. tank is virtually empty and there is good access.
IMAG0583.jpg
IMAG0582.jpg

Sponsored Links
I've often wondered if such a thing is possible - presumably there's an inner seal too.....how would you reach that? I have my own theories!
John :)

Sponsored Links
An OFTEC tech should be able to fix it,what I'd do is whip all the bits out and put a 3inch extension
on it and an attkinson kit on it.Bob

Did a similar thing with a farmers diesel tank.....lost the inner bit of the outlet coupling in the tank :eek: but got the new outlet in place by passing it down a length of fencing wire from bottom to top. Lashings of green Heldtite - is that the compound?
John :)

I've just poured a dram of 18year old singleton from the muir of ord distillery near inverness.
Yum yum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back