Domestic ovens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do some new ovens come with a 13amp plug? I am rewiring my kitchen and need to know if I need to fit a cooker socket with 13amp socket.
Many thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Do some new ovens come with a 13amp plug? I am rewiring my kitchen and need to know if I need to fit a cooker socket with 13amp socket.
Many thanks in anticipation.

Some do, some don't. It depends on the size and power rating of the oven.

The sensible thing to do while the kitchen is in pieces, IMO, would be to install a new radial circuit in 6mm right back to the CU, with isolator above the countertop. If the oven has a plug, you can fit a socket to the end of the radial. If it's quite a heavy load, or if you ever upgrade it, you'll already have suitable wiring in place and can change the socket to a cooker connection unit.

I would agree, unless you are only in the property for a short time & dont want to spend money.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back