Dominic Cummings says UK always intended to ditch NI protocol

the problem is Johnson lied about the deal.

he claimed there would be no checks or paperwork...a blatant lie

even with border checks removed there will still be transit documents, customs declarations, rules of origin checks -all done by the exporter.

"continually negotiated" is different from trying to ignore reality....brexit voters blame the EU for checks and paperwork -which is what you get when you are a 3rd country.

Maybe he did lie, but the protocol was widely available for all to see, was well reported on, and the issues that came of it were mostly expected.

what wasn't expected was pettiness in regards of wrong colour ink on paperwork, or taking lorry drivers lunches away, or refusing the import of farm equipment for small specs of mud found in obscure hard to get to places etc.

yes i understand it's in "the rules" but common sense should be applied, a lorry drivers ham sandwich is hardly going to be sold on the black market and it was perfectly acceptable a week or so prior. The UK havnt had food standards slip as yet

edit: saying the above i've just come across this article, which was a bit ironic lol https://www.independent.co.uk/clima...-have-caused-swine-fever-outbreak-698448.html

Sponsored Links
Maybe he did lie, but the protocol was widely available for all to see, was well reported on, and the issues that came of it were mostly expected.

But denied by Brexers and Johnson supporters.

No "maybe" about it.

A problem with Soil from the UK mainland found in the tyre treads of lorry’s going to another part of the UK

:ROFLMAO:

what wasn't expected was pettiness in regards of wrong colour ink on paperwork, or taking lorry drivers lunches away, or refusing the import of farm equipment for small specs of mud found in obscure hard to get to places etc.

yes i understand it's in "the rules" but common sense should be applied, a lorry drivers ham sandwich is hardly going to be sold on the black market and it was perfectly acceptable a week or so prior. The UK havnt had food standards slip as yet

edit: saying the above i've just come across this article, which was a bit ironic lol https://www.independent.co.uk/clima...-have-caused-swine-fever-outbreak-698448.html
Aren't these issues with Ink being enforced by UK customs agents? If memory serves its due to rubbish IT on our end that won't scan blue ink.

Sponsored Links
thats strange, I remember how you were screaming chlorinated chicken was absolutely fine for UK consumers

you voted for lower standards
No one voted for lower standards and we haven't lowered standards. We voted to have the choice to diverge from European standards. This argument is long done and dusted.

It looks like the UK and the EU are making progress heading towards an implementation of a version of the NI protocol that's pragmatic and practical. The fact that the EU is now offering compromises means that even the EU realises that the current arrangements aren't working. The progress should be applauded.

I'm sure that the current progress has been assisted by a far more pragmatic approach from the Irish Taoiseach, Michael Martin, who is working towards a solution, as opposed to Leo Varadkar who was just a EU acolyte who ultimately failed.

No one voted for lower standards and we haven't lowered standards. We voted to have the choice to diverge from European standards. This argument is long done and dusted.
Didn't we always have the option to go higher whilst within the EU? In which case the only additional divergence would be to lower standards.

Didn't we always have the option to go higher whilst within the EU? In which case the only additional divergence would be to lower standards.
Divergence doesn't just mean higher or lower. It can mean an entirely different direction.

Aren't these issues with Ink being enforced by UK customs agents? If memory serves its due to rubbish IT on our end that won't scan blue ink.

Waste of space pencil pushers and paper shufflers

sack the lot of em

and the IT company can cough up compensation for a **** system

But denied by Brexers and Johnson supporters.

No "maybe" about it.
Brexiteers still don't get what they voted for!

But yet again the EU is offering an olive branch in the way of concessions that the UK already had, but the xenophobes/racists want more...

The rest of the world is watching and those 'easiest trade deals in history' ain't gonna happen...

The UK is not a place others want to trade with!

Much as you'd like to believe that, its not true. Hence the trade deals Liz Truss has been achieving and the complaints of stacked up containers in Felixstowe that can't be unloaded. Those containers contain goods that other countries have exported to the UK, which is what i would call trade.

Last edited:
Much as you'd like to believe that, its not true. Hence the trade deals Liz Truss has been achieving and the complaints of stacked up containers in Felixstowe that can't be unloaded. Those containers contain goods that other countries have exported to the UK, which is what i would call trade.
The empty containers? We've never had issues buying things from abroad, it's selling that's more important.

The empty containers? We've never had issues buying things from abroad, it's selling that's more important.
Trade goes in two directions. Imports and exports. The empty containers are the result of other countries selling their goods to us, something they clearly want to do. We're not a big exporter of goods and haven't been for some time, irrespective of Brexit or the EU. Our exports are mainly in services.

Brexiteers still don't get what they voted for!

But yet again the EU is offering an olive branch in the way of concessions that the UK already had, but the xenophobes/racists want more...

The rest of the world is watching and those 'easiest trade deals in history' ain't gonna happen...

so you will you be leaving any time soon :idea: :?: :mrgreen:

I’m sorry but that is pure Brexit propaganda, which I’m sure you know

There’s only one UK original trade deal and that’s the Australian deal, which is a very small deal, it’s basically symbolic.

all the others are EU continuity deals, ie exactly the same as had as members.

Trade goes in two directions. Imports and exports. The empty containers are the result of other countries selling their goods to us, something they clearly want to do. We're not a big exporter of goods and haven't been for some time, irrespective of Brexit or the EU. Our exports are mainly in services.

the reason for the extended dwell times at box ports is due to HGV driver shortages.

full containers aren’t getting collected fast enough, filling up the ports and leaving no room for container restitution.

The whole world has a problem, the UK has a crisis……Brexit.

Sponsored Links
Back