dont ignore change of bowel habbit

I appreciate you will probably have to limit your diet somewhat at the moment but have you been told you should change your diet in the future?
I feel the Gp's should encourage healthy eating but they don't, their attitude is, it's your life what you do with your body, in a way they're correct but I didn't know I was eating unhealthy until I've joined the gym.

I now have a difference eating pattern, I only eat when I'm hungary and eat all day with 5-7 healthy mini meals, plenty of healthy eating info on the website

Sponsored Links
Type in healthy mini meals in google.

If you want to lose weight and the secret is the highest burning fat foods & fruits. Exercise as well!

Type in highest fat burning foods and highest fat burning fruits

http://www.ehow.com/how_2127769_design-minimeal-diet.html

This is the website I'm using for info http://www.24hrfitness.co.uk/nutrition/top-ten-fat-burning-foods.php

For breakfast I have half of grapefruit with blueberry + walnuts as they are the highest fat burner although nuts are fattening so don't have too much nuts but they are very healthy, also daily have a yogurt which is now the fastest growing categories for health, I have Muller yogurt because it's the highest RDA for calcium. It will feel strange to start with but I do feel a lot better and I think it's true when say You are what you eat!
The good things about mini meals, I'm eating more and not putting any weight on :D

ps: I have stopped eating chickens as they have more fat than protein, turkey is better than chicken. The best is pork, pork leg is best for weight loss and pork loin is best for muscle building

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-343593/The-chickens-fat-protein.html

If you want to take it seriously then Whey protein powder supplements is very good for you

Hi blasphemous , as far as diet was concerned like all plumbers you took sandwiches etc and ate at night i never bothered with junk food and only had drink on special occasions so i cannot put the cancer down to my lifestyle , as far as having a special diet now after the opp, the hospital did not supply me with 1 piece of paper regarding what to do and what to eat they just seem to leave you on your own.
My 3 week stay in hospital was a complete nightmare with infections of all sorts, when you are in hospital you don't expect these sort of things to happen 8 weeks later and i am still on antibiotics

Mick

Sponsored Links
I feel the Gp's should encourage healthy eating but they don't, their attitude is, it's your life what you do with your body,

My local practice is one where you see whichever doctor is free, and I've found they're all different. One doctor looks anorexic, and she spent half an hour lecturing me on weight, but only AFTER she'd worked out my BMI. Not whilst I was stood there with no shirt on (surely obesity is pretty obvious when someone has no shirt on?!). She also told me that my 20 units a week is FAR too much drinking!

However, her colleague (a man) told me that for my height and build, my weight is of no concern. Agreed with me that I could lose a few pounds, but he certainly wasn't bothered.

So, I'd say that they both had valid viewpoints, and I suspect that they were skewed by their own personal feelings. Anorexic doctor was obviously highly-concerned with body weight above all else and feels that everyone with a BMI above hers is morbidly obese. Man doctor might like a drink so doesn't think 20 units a week is that much, and might be looking at me thinking "Well, he's no fatter than me and I'm just fine."

try this, bowel cancer is the third prevellant killer in the west.

why?

GP's are too slow to diagnose it :evil: :evil:

One doctor looks anorexic, and she spent half an hour lecturing me on weight, but only AFTER she'd worked out my BMI.
BMI is a waste of time and misleading, I'm obese according the BMI calculation :rolleyes: because I have more muscle than fat and yet I'm slim! Forget about the scale, the best way I find is to look at the mirror and see if you're happy with your shape. The best calculation is to measure the body fat percentage, you can do this online as a guide.

About Body Mass Index (BMI)

The Body Mass Index is a poor measurement and a controversially inaccurate indicator to assess health. An ideal BMI (which the measurement considers to be healthy) is between 20.5 and 21.5. However, it makes absolutely no distinction between body weight from muscle and body weight from fat which labels a broad segment of the athletic and similar healthy populations as overweight and obese. It is limited in its ability to predict deaths caused by heart attacks or strokes (yet it's still used by Physicians). High BMIs (35 and over) are linked to increased risk of cardiovascular events but not to increased mortality overall. BMIs less than 20 are linked to increased risk of cardiovascular events AND to total mortality

the doctors will not eradicate the cause but treat the symptoms in western medicine, in holistic or herbal/natural medicine it's the cause to the problems.

who knew..
so the cure for cancer is to take aloe and ground ginger with a regular dose of acupuncture... :rolleyes: ?

so true about getting things checked..

my uncle had rectal cancer diagnosed 4 years ago.. they removed it and he now has a collostomy bag.. ( they sewed his bumhole shut.. :) )..

a couple of months ago his dad went into the hospital with gut pains and was also diagnosed with the same thing... but his is inopperable... so he's on the clock now.. it's only a matter of time...

his son ( my cousin ) is now going to have to go in for regular checks as it's likely it's genetic with them..

Masona... Totally agree with on BMI .
Couple of years ago during extreme fitnes kick i was going gym twice a day, 5 days a week doing rowing cycling weights thousand plus sit ups/crunches a day , Swimming a mile in 35minutes.
Not a bit of fat on me and my BMI was still up near the limit .It would have been impossible to get it any lower.

I had a pain on my right handside for years, till i told her to swap sides ;)

Long time mate died of it earlier this year.
We put it down to him spending a number of years in the navy and being asked if could he see anything out the port hole. At which he would crease up laughing

Thanks for the info Gasmick. Luckily, the only time my bowels perform differently is if I stop drinking Bass for a few days. Things firm up a tad! :eek:

Will heed the advice, good luck with your treatment.

Sponsored Links
Back