Door Adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm struggling to understand how my double glazed door can be adjusted to prevent it scraping on the bottom of the runner. I have looked at other threads and non of the hinges shown match mine. Can anyone help...hope picture is clear enough!!

First Image shows hinge taken in vertical orientation, there are 3 screws to attach the door on each side but I cannot see where any adjustment can be made. Second image shows hinge from outside, there is no access to any adjustment point?

Any suggestions???

Attachments

• IMG_7692.JPG
    IMG_7692.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7693.JPG
    IMG_7693.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 17
Sponsored Links
I'm struggling to understand how my double glazed door can be adjusted to prevent it scraping on the bottom of the runner.
Where exactly, is the scraping occuring?
If the scraping is worst at the lower corner, opposite the hinges - you could have a search for "toe and heeling" a door.

Bifold hinges aren't the same as a pvc door hinge, I don't do a lot of bifolds but the ones I've come across that needed adjusting on the hinge side require you to loosen but not remove the screws on the hinges and lift the door and then tighten the screws, however if the door is dragging on the handle side then it needs toe and heeling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back