Door Frame for Fire Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Fire doors all seem to be sold on their own, without a frame. Does this mean that I can use the existing normal door frame? or do I need to buy a special door frame? and can the int strip be put on a normal door frame? Sorry, lots of questions there, bit confused ! :)

Sponsored Links
the intumiscent strips are fitted into a rebated slot pre-cut into a door frame. if your frame has this groove then go ahead and use it.

Thanks for your replies. I don't think my door frame has any slots in it so it looks like I'll have to go door frame shopping (how exciting!) :( Actually I have another problem in the house where at some point there's been movement and one of the door-frames is wonky. Would the solution to this be to replace the frame? or do you think if I take out the frame the house may fall down?!

Sponsored Links
Mistriss said:
Thanks for your replies. I don't think my door frame has any slots in it so it looks like I'll have to go door frame shopping (how exciting!) :( Actually I have another problem in the house where at some point there's been movement and one of the door-frames is wonky. Would the solution to this be to replace the frame? or do you think if I take out the frame the house may fall down?!

You can put the intumiscent strip into the door it's self, use an router for the job.

Hi Markie, does that mean I can use my 'normal' doorframe if I have the strip actually in the door?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back