Door Frame problem HELP PLEEEEASE !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First up, i'm a total novice so be gentle !

I've noticed that the wooden cover over the door frame has started to come away from the frame. Is there an easy way for me to repair this short term until I can get it replaced, if needs be. It doesn't seem to be damaged in any way.

Sponsored Links
heeellloo monkeybradders and welcome :D :D :D

are you talking the architrave which is the wooden moulding between the WALL and frame!!!

probably just needs pinning and refilling into place [pin 12mm in from the door edge of the moulding and pin in the top to hold the top and sides together]
may have been no nailed on and not done properly!!!

Thanks for that - I think i'm talking about the architrave yes. I thought it was all part of the frame until it started to come away. It hasn't totally come off and is still pretty much in place it just on the latch side that it has a gap. Do you think just pinning this would do the job? If so what kind of pins do i need?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back