Door furniture stripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a door dipped/stripped back to the real wood, I have taken the metal fittings off to strip but would like to know what the best chemical to use to do this ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 153
Sponsored Links
Loads of choice out there, but do consider Screwfix No Nonsense paint stripper.....Not methylene chloride based so reasonably pleasant to use.
You'll still need patience though!
John :)

Loads of choice out there, but do consider Screwfix No Nonsense paint stripper.....Not methylene chloride based so reasonably pleasant to use.
Wilko paint and varnish stripper appears to be the same stuff, but it's a quid cheaper (500ml)! (Nothing cotains methylene dichloride anymore, which is why they dont' strip as well as they used to).

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've just done some with nitromorse, then rubbed then down with sandpaper and wire wool and sprayed them up with smooth black hammerite

As said, liquid or paste strippers are the best option. Be careful of the handle if it is Bakelite as aggressive stripping/sanding will damage the surface but it can buffed up with Brasso if it looks a little dull after paint removal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back