Door Handle Damaged Through Fixture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Somehow one of the screw holes on the door handle became slightly larger and is not allowing the screw head to grab on to it.

I thought the screw might have been the problem and changed it with the same result.

This door handle is secured with a bolt on one end and screw from the other side.

Any ideas what I can do make the screw grab onto the hole without passing through it?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20211204_143140.jpg
    20211204_143140.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 97
Sponsored Links
You may have to drill new hole if it’s badly worn though unusual.Are you using screws supplied with handle ? You can’t use washer as it will obstruct cover .

Sponsored Links
You may have to drill new hole if it’s badly worn though unusual.Are you using screws supplied with handle ? You can’t use washer as it will obstruct cover .

I think this maybe the only option other than replacing this particular handle. I am using the screws and bolts originally supplied.

Possibly a larger size of screw and sleeve nut.

Is your old screw M4?

But why don't you just use some of the spare holes in the rose?

I emailed the manufacturer, Assa Abloy and they were kind enough to send me some new screws and bolts.

It did the trick, as the new bolts are slightly larger and were able to grip onto the hole.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Attachments

• 20220121_095451.jpg
    20220121_095451.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 56

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back