Door Sill Protectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a dog ramp for a staffy,
Anyone used door sill protectors?

Ive seen some but look too permanent, one product you soak in water and stick on but no mention how to get em back off. Any ideas?
Car is a polo e and has wide sills

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I think generally these are a good move.....sometimes the self adhesive ones come adrift after a while so I fix them back with number plate sticky -both- sides tape strips which are permanent enough.
They are removable by drawing some tough fishing line through them, cheese cutter style.
Do use the ones that are designed for your particular car though, rather than the 'fit everything' types - and in reality fit nothing.
John :)

There are clear plastic film type protectors that you apply to the bumper with soapy water and squeegee it out. That could be what the OP is referring to. They protect the paint but my lab's rough feet scuff the film and it looks a bit tatty. I'm looking at getting a black ABS one. You apparently can peel the plastic film type off with no damage, I suspect a bit of heat might soften the film.

Sponsored Links
Had a Staffy and a dog ramp but the bugger wouldn't go up it. Ditched dog ramp and lifted her up, thank god she was a small one. Always had the appreciated talky stuff when she got in the car........bless.

The rain was never a problem as she wouldn't go out without her coat on and woe betide anyone who tried to take that off when it was ****ing down.

One could take it off in the pub but she wouldn't go home if it was raining without it on. She kicked up one hell of a fuss as she looked out at the rain, just had to say "coat" and all was well.

So I can't help with the door sill protectors. Sorry.

Back