Door to Door Sales

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have started my new job as an energy surveyor and part of it is door to door canvassing seeing if people would like to take advantage of the free loft insulation that is on offer.

I find it quite strange that my hand is not being snatched off as I am offering something that is totally FREE and will save people money off their fuel bills. :rolleyes:

A lot of people have had it done but others can't be bothered to empty their loft of junk to have it installed.I can't understand some folk at all!

:eek:

Some people are quite friendly but I find the majority don't wish to be bothered or are quite rude.

You need a thick skin to do this job and anyone thinking of doing door to door sales should think again!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Tell me about them i had mark group pester me about it loft/cavity insulation, I asked the clueless tw*t how he planned on doing cavity insulation on a extension brickwall that's only half built :rolleyes:
He replied er we can put you on hold till it's finished.

FFS 4 days later i'm pestered again are you ready, :eek:
Took me 3 months to get these muppets from phoning, Then kindly told them to f*ck off i'm doing the loft insulation myself, Now i get a 1/2 hour lecture on why i should let them do it rather than me.

They should get the hint and kindly F*ck off my door step and stop phoning.
If i want something i'll contact you.

Hi Seco
I won't come knocking on your door then! :LOL:

Are people in general being pestered by these companies then :?:

I think rather than having somebody walking door to door knocking, leaflets should be posted through a door leaving the decision to the homeowner to call up and ask for a visit if they want to.

Some people dont want to lose storage space in their loft to put mountains of insulation in, but for me its a no brainer. Got 300mm in mine with no boarding at all. All sheeite transferred to the garage :)

Cavity wall insulation was the most noticeable thing for us. Really helped keep the house warm. What i think energy surveyers need to inform people about which as far as i know at the moment they dont, is that although insulation will save money and the planet, that extra provisions will need to made to ventilate the house afterwards, as condensation problems arise with more insulation.

Sponsored Links
Hi Seco
Are people in general being pestered by these companies then :?:

Not so much them but I find cold calling (phone or door) really annoying and I suspect I'm not alone. On principle, I don't do business with anyone that does it regardless of how tempting their BS is. I can usually stay civil up to the point that I say no but if they keep going my **** starts to boil.

Door to door sales people are not welcome at my door. I have a sticker on the door that says so. If I want to buy double glazing, broadband, energy or even insulation then I will look for a company that sells it. I can do this when and where I decide and not in the middle of my dinner after doing a days work.

Leaflets go straight in the recycling bin cutting out the middle man.

yes something for nothing------

------well no we all pay for these energy "saving " measures through our bills
around 5% off our bills are for these measures
this can be
loft insulation
cavity wall
light bulbs
they have a quota they have to meet if they are near the year end without meeting there quota then they throw it at any route including b&q to meet there quota
this includes offering offer insulation to anyone weather a customer or not

they start off offering to pensioners people on benefits and other low paid then to meet the quota they throw it at anyone
hence the lack off interest in the 7th offer that year and the 15th offer over the last 3 years

Notice of Removal of Implied Right of Access

To all that it concerns

NOTICE TO AGENT IS NOTICE TO PRINCIPAL AND NOTICE TO PRINCIPAL IS NOTICE TO AGENT APPLIES

Notice of Removal of Implied Right of Access

You are advised to read the following notice thoroughly and carefully. It is a lawful notice. It informs you. It means what it says.

The Householder hereby gives notice that the implied right of access to the property known as ******************* and surrounding areas, has been removed, along with all associated property including, but not limited to, any private conveyance in respect of the following:

1. ANY employee, principal, agent, third party, trustee, representative or any other person acting on behalf of or under the instruction of any Employee, or Agent or Principal or any other PERSONS acting on behalf of the CORPORATE COURTS, LOCAL COUNCIL or PRIVATE CORPORATION, PUBLIC AGENCY, or GOVERNMENT AGENCY howsoever named.

2. ANY POLICE OFFICER who is acting for the CORPORATE POLICE and NOT acting as a Constable for and on behalf of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and her people as expressed in the Oath of Office of all POLICE men and women, that is as Public Servants, upon your Oath of Office to serve "with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality, upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property"

Exceptions: MEDICAL OFFICERS AND FIRE OFFICERS IN THE EXECUTION OF THEIR DUTY
COMMON LAW JURISDICTION APPLIES EXCLUSIVELY

Please also take notice that the land known as England is a Common Law jurisdiction and any transgression of this notice will be dealt with according to Common Law. Any and all access to the above mentioned properties shall be by strict invitation only and shall be subject to terms and conditions, available by written request.

We do not have, and have never had, a contract. And any permission that you believe you may have from me is hereby withdrawn. If you believe that you have power of attorney to act on my behalf you are hereby fired, and any consent that you believe you may have, tacit or otherwise, is hereby withdrawn. If you feel so inclined as to enforce statutes as a consequence of this matter I will report your conduct to ALL relevant bodies and will pursue Proof of Claim in affidavit form, under your full commercial liability and under the penalty of perjury.

You are deemed to have been served this notice with immediate effect.

In sincerity and honour, without ill-will, frivolity, or vexation,

The Householder

Sorted!

If you're paying for something you are holding payment until the work is completed to your standard. If something is being offered free, the implication is that the work will be poor or left incomplete because 'it's free' and you have no bargaining chip ie money. And home insulation installers can cause damage if they dont know or care what they're doing.

To the OP, would you snatch someone's hand off in the street if they offered you a free haircut? or would you be skeptical

Sponsored Links
Back