Doorbell with access control over phone app

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current access system is failing so needs updating.

When someone rings my bell at driveway entrance, it calls multiple handheld devices around the house (Ultracom system), I can then buzz the gate to open from the handheld.

I'm considering the Ring system, but think I need to add the expensive "Ring access controller pro" to give me the relay output for the gate system.

My main question is this... Will the Ring (or other) system work from 1 app? Can I answer the call AND open the gate from that app? Importantly, I'm tight & don't want any subscriptions. Must also work for multiple phones, mine, wife's, spares around the house/garage.

I have ethernet at the gate as well as 12/24vDC & 230vAC. I also have GSM opening module which is independent but can be incorporated/replaced.

Sponsored Links
*Update*

I got an "Access Controller Pro" on eBay, for £300, a bit of a gamble, but works flawlessly. I had to call a number in the USA to register it. I just gave an address from a holiday villa I once used!

Very pleased with it, I'm even considering paying a subscription and changing my 2 CCTV systems to the Ring ones.

IMG_20240101_120825.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back